News:

Topic: Drawmesh > Mesh Tweak hotkey?  (Read 10188 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
May 29, 2019, 07:32:14 pm
Hey guys i'm starting to learn Nvil as my go to retopo tool. Switching from maya/topogun im trying to setup a nice workflow.

I'd like to know if it possible to change the hotkey for the "Mesh_Tweak" command under the Drawmesh tool? I cant seem to figure out how.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 31, 2019, 03:45:58 pm
It is not possible.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
May 31, 2019, 04:33:27 pm
Thanks. I'd love to see this ability added in the future.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
May 31, 2019, 05:55:19 pm
Having the ability to quickly tweak verts etc when in drawmode mode is very handy. Currently its a bit slow hitting Alt+1 or using the interface radio buttons.

In normal modelling mode, CTRL has been set as the tweak tool hotkey for very fast manipulation of verts while modelling. I'd love to be able to have this same hotkey apply in drawmesh mode to keep workflow consistent and fast.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 02, 2019, 09:56:17 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-03-19.rar

Now you can switch "Mesh_Tweak" mode with the hotkey of this streamline tool.
Edit > Customize > StreamLine Tools > Tweak.
Its default key is T but you can change it to Ctrl. When "Draw Mesh" tool is active, this hotkey will not activate the "Tweak" tool but switch "Mesh_Tweak" option of the "Draw Mesh" tool instead. You can Press+Hold or Tap the hotkey to toggle the mode.

Also, if "Mesh_Tweak" mode is On you can click to create dots then Shift+LMB or RMB+Drag+Release to create quad polys from the dots and the border vertices.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:38:23 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 02, 2019, 10:18:11 pm
WOAH WOW WOWAH!!!

This is amazing! It's perfect! I'm going to test it out more this week, initial tests look great. I just purchased it too. This is an amazing tool. 

Thanks heaps!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 03, 2019, 07:38:01 am
Use this update. I have fixed some bugs which can cause crashes.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-04-19.rar
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:58:05 pm by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 06, 2019, 08:33:26 pm
As a follow up it would be great if "mesh_cut" would also respect the non "drawmesh" hotkey for simplicity and streamlining of things. (same hotkey for same command)

The community UI im using atm has mesh cut as "x" but in drawmesh its "shift+1"

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 07, 2019, 01:31:53 am
Done.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-07-19.rar

Check the tool tips of both Mesh_Cut and Mesh_Brush option tools.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 07, 2019, 08:11:16 pm
Awesome!Thanks!!

After this weeks testing:

I've been noticing i'm getting a lot of hard crashes when welding verts at the while retopoing. Not sure what other info i can provide. The whole application locks up then closes when i weld a vert randomly it seems.

Also the dots + shift tools is great. It's a little finicky at times trying to get the right quad placement to trigger. Sometimes u have to really rotate and zoom around to get it to trigger the "right" quad, or even a closing a single triangle hole. Not sure if the "algorithm" can be improved?? Or if i need to tweak some tolerance variable? I can post pics if it helps. To be fair, Maya also had this issue at times, though perhaps not quite as bogus. Sometimes it will try and make a quad that's really far away or outside of where you are working.

Thanks again for the speedy updates! They have been really great!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 07, 2019, 09:01:46 pm
I've been noticing i'm getting a lot of hard crashes when welding verts at the while retopoing. Not sure what other info i can provide. The whole application locks up then closes when i weld a vert randomly it seems.

What is the way you performed the welding, tapping W key while tweaking the vertex? Can you recreate it?

Also the dots + shift tools is great. It's a little finicky at times trying to get the right quad placement to trigger. Sometimes u have to really rotate and zoom around to get it to trigger the "right" quad, or even a closing a single triangle hole. Not sure if the "algorithm" can be improved?? Or if i need to tweak some tolerance variable? I can post pics if it helps. To be fair, Maya also had this issue at times, though perhaps not quite as bogus. Sometimes it will try and make a quad that's really far away or outside of where you are working.

A video or some pics will help.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 07, 2019, 09:17:30 pm
Can you describe the details of how it locks and closes when welding? And what happened to the mesh?

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 07, 2019, 09:31:40 pm
RE: welding crash:

I believe i was in "Draw Mesh" mode, holding CTRL for "Mesh_Tweak" mode, and I LMB moved one vert on top of another for it to weld together as I have auto welding enabled. If it happens again I'll see if i can recreate it.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 08, 2019, 12:03:53 am
Try this and see if you still have the issues.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-08-19.rar
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:47:12 pm by IStonia »