Topic: GoZ  (Read 18849 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 04, 2013, 05:33:43 am
Anybody know if GoZ will be implemented in NViL

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 22, 2013, 06:13:38 pm
I'm amazed this has been read more than 100 times at this point, with no response :o .  Anyhow, hi, this is my first post, but I've been lurking 'round this message board for a few months now.  I work full time as 3d artist, and probably 80-90% of my time at the moment is spent in ZBrush.  I've been casually toying about with Voidworld/NVIL for about 6 months now (still using the last available free beta), but can see its growing potential via these forums as a primary tool in my pipeline.  Anyhow, I have to work very quickly most of the time, and the only thing that's kept me from purchasing the full license of NVil is the lack of ZBrush GoZ support, which would save me a heap of precious seconds when added up on a weekly basis.  So I guess what I'm saying is this - if you implement GoZ, I'll buy a copy ;).

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 23, 2013, 09:44:27 am
Hi JT, it is unlikely goZ will be implemented. I emailed Pixologic some time ago for the goZ SDK but got no reply. Even if I had the SDK, it would be likely written in C++ and that will make things complicated because NVil is written in C#.

NVil already has the clipboard feature, so if you can convince the folks in Pixologic to add clipboard feature, plug-in or script, it would make it very easy to transfer models between the two apps. Although it won't as quick as goZ, It is much faster than go through folders. It is very easy to implement.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:02:29 am by IStonia »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
May 23, 2013, 11:36:16 am
Maybe next week when I have some time off work I can look into makeihg a script for zb to work with the clipboard feature of nvil

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 23, 2013, 12:02:02 pm
Wow thanks for the reply and hope it will be implemented soon.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
May 23, 2013, 12:31:05 pm
Ya will just need to learn zb's scripting language first since it is really strange. But should be possible to integrate zb with nvil.

also zScript is the most retarded language i haver ever seen, and i am experienced with 5 different languages.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:01:50 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 23, 2013, 01:48:03 pm
Ya will just need to learn zb's scripting language first since it is really strange. But should be possible to integrate zb with nvil.

also zScript is the most retarded language i haver ever seen, and i am experienced with 5 different languages.

lol, the creators of ZBrush must be aliens:)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
May 24, 2013, 01:37:52 pm
got a small working script for working with the nvil clipboard system from zbrush.

just got to sort out a few issues, zscript seems to have no way to access windows system variables, so currently i have to manually write in the path to the clipboardObj. So im going to bundle it with a little python script that corrects that problem.

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 24, 2013, 06:27:27 pm
Hi passerby,
hooking up Zbrush was very cool - note that there's a proper GoZ SDK available which one ask for via email on the bottom of this page.

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 28, 2013, 07:46:50 pm
got a small working script for working with the nvil clipboard system from zbrush.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out - thanks for tackling this ;).

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 13, 2013, 04:19:24 am
Good stuff.  Glad to see that it's being looked into.  =)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 13, 2013, 12:07:16 pm
Ya kinda forgot about this, I will post it when I get back home next week. I also got one for Maya and can build one for max and blender
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:09:55 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 13, 2013, 12:08:46 pm
 ;D

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 18, 2013, 06:38:01 pm
You home yet?  :P

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 18, 2013, 10:47:22 pm
ya have been too busy to look into fixing the environment var issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2360554/Fourms%20Stuff/Void%20World/goNvil.txt

take that put it in the 'ZStartup\ZPlugs' folder within your zbrush install folder.

because of zscript not being able to access windows environment variables, a edit to line 1 of the script is needed to make it work.

Code: [Select]
[VarDef, Object1, "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\Media\Clipboard\ClipboardObj.obj" ]

change the path in line 1 to be set for the same location on your system, you should only need to change 'User' to your windows username if your run Windows7.

now all of this is done, for first run of you script you need to call it manually within zbrush.
so just fire up zbrush, open the zscript menu, and hit load and browser to the script.

After this the script should just auto run on zbrush startup, and give you extra options below the ztools pane to import and export to and from nvil and zbrush.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:11:21 pm by Passerby »