News:

Topic: GoZ  (Read 18896 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 31, 2013, 01:19:58 am
i didn't bother installing it or working with the app, but took a peek at the python api docs
there dosnt seem to be a way to export just the selected objects, unless it does that by default.

haven't tested it, but her is a really simplistic bit of code that should work in theory, didnt test since i don't got the app installed.

Code: [Select]
import os

objPath = os.environ['APPDATA']
objPath = objPath + '/DigitalFossils/NVil/Media/Animation Data/Base Data Sets/SoundTemp/ClipboardObj.obj'

def goNvilImport():
    scene = xshade.scene()
    scene.load_OBJ(objPath)
    print 'Recevied from NVil!'

def goNvilExport():
    scene = xshade.scene()
    scene.save_OBJ(objPath)
    print 'Sent to NVil!'

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:24:56 am by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
August 02, 2013, 10:34:42 pm
I'm not sure how to use this, so I posted it on Shade's Facebook wall, and hopefully somebody there can tell me how to implement it.  Thank you very much!

• No avatar
  • Spline
August 14, 2013, 12:19:47 pm
there is something wrong with getting a mesh from zBrush into NViL.. I pressed the NViL out/in in zBrush when I tried to paste in NViL it does not work.

Thanks

• Administrator
  • Polygon
August 14, 2013, 12:47:11 pm
there is something wrong with getting a mesh from zBrush into NViL.. I pressed the NViL out/in in zBrush when I tried to paste in NViL it does not work.

Thanks

did you fix the path at line 1 of the script, and reload it into zbrush? Due to zscript being so shit, there was no way for me to have it automatically figure out the proper path, so you have to manually edit the path in line 1 of the script.

• No avatar
  • Spline
August 14, 2013, 04:30:29 pm
yeah I did that only importing to NVil did not work. I tried it again now it works. Sorry to bother you and thanks for the reply

• No avatar
  • Vertex
August 27, 2013, 09:53:31 pm
Just want to say that I use the GoNvil script and I love it. Thanks making it and sharing!

• Edge
September 03, 2013, 10:37:51 am
It doesn't work for me either. Could this be because I've set mine to use the program folder for settings? Zbrush says something about the obj being in use/no diskspace (got a 100GB available), and when I paste in NVIL nothing happens. Same when I try to go the other direciton, it says there's no file to be found.

The message in Zbrush reads: 'Cannot export OBJ file. Insufficient disk space or file is in use by another application'
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:03:17 pm by mightypea »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 04, 2013, 11:23:38 am
sounds like you got the path set to a place that dosnt exist. just double check the path on the first line of the code is correct.

I apoligze that there isn't a easier way but zscript is very very limiting. for Maya max modo or blender I can have the script auto detect where nvil keeps its data. but zscript is too basic for this.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 06, 2013, 08:45:34 am
It doesn't work for me either. Could this be because I've set mine to use the program folder for settings? Zbrush says something about the obj being in use/no diskspace (got a 100GB available), and when I paste in NVIL nothing happens. Same when I try to go the other direciton, it says there's no file to be found.

The message in Zbrush reads: 'Cannot export OBJ file. Insufficient disk space or file is in use by another application'

The app writes the file to the application startup path. Since you have set that to Dropbox so it won't work because of that. I will change the path so it can work in any cases.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 18, 2013, 11:45:39 am
The path is changed.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 18, 2013, 08:13:09 pm
edited my orgianl post with correct paths, from the new September 18th 2013 update.

ya have been too busy to look into fixing the environment var issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2360554/Fourms%20Stuff/Void%20World/goNvil.txt

take that put it in the 'ZStartup\ZPlugs' folder within your zbrush install folder.

because of zscript not being able to access windows environment variables, a edit to line 1 of the script is needed to make it work.

Code: [Select]
[VarDef, Object1, "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\Media\Clipboard\ClipboardObj.obj" ]

change the path in line 1 to be set for the same location on your system, you should only need to change 'User' to your windows username if your run Windows7.

now all of this is done, for first run of you script you need to call it manually within zbrush.
so just fire up zbrush, open the zscript menu, and hit load and browser to the script.

After this the script should just auto run on zbrush startup, and give you extra options below the ztools pane to import and export to and from nvil and zbrush.

• No avatar
  • Spline
December 03, 2013, 07:02:55 am
if possible can I ask you to make the same thing for blender(GoNVil)?

Thanks

• Administrator
  • Polygon
December 04, 2013, 01:05:45 am
im sure it is possible, but will be a long time till i get to it, since im pretty busy latley, and this would require i learn blenders api.

Luckily enough once done it should work more like the one i made for maya, so it should just work out of the box.

• No avatar
  • Spline
December 23, 2013, 10:51:55 am
Passerby,
does the script get loaded by default on your machine? I always need to load the script manually for the first time in a running session - although I saved my Zbrush config and also assigned a hotkey to the Nvil-Importer...

Edit:
Also - is there maybe a way to also hook up one aspect of GoZ which currently is missing? The script at this point only reads the file in the clipboard folder - but actually intended is a slightly other behavior: To externally change a mesh (in a SubD-App) and to update that already open .obj in Zbrush(seen in this clip around the 1.50min mark). Possible?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:32:22 am by polyxo »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • строительство коттеджей Екатеринбург
May 31, 2017, 05:30:11 pm

Возвести дом из кирпича в Екатеринбурге
Современные Натяжные потолки Комсомольский, Екатеринбург