Topic: GoZ  (Read 18898 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 20, 2013, 01:48:21 pm
Thanks dude!!!!!! Works Great:)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 20, 2013, 02:14:51 pm
I also got a Maya one that works out of the box, since I'm not limited by a terrible scripting language like with zbrush.

if anyone is interested I can post that bit of code too.

also fairly easy to build similar tools for blender, max and modo.

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 20, 2013, 02:21:32 pm
Yes, thank you indeed! A surprisingly small script...
As I have no officially GoZ enabled app - are there fundamental differences between this script and GoZ (only looking at geometry transfer I mean...)?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 20, 2013, 02:27:02 pm
there are usage differences with goz by it does more or less the same thing.

things like this are easy all it is, is a simple 1 click import export script. easily made for any app that is scriptable which is almost all professional apps for this industry.

ideally I would have used environment vars on the path so the script would just work, with no edits per user, but zscript is to limited to do so.

• Triangle
July 20, 2013, 04:52:06 pm
I guess any code for any app will be much appreciated! I'm interested in the stuff you got for maya and maybe blender, if you got something. Thanks!

[Edit:] But maybe start a new topic for any particular app.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 20, 2013, 05:45:31 pm
ya would have to make the code for blender since I don't use blender, but I got ready made Maya stuff.

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 20, 2013, 09:23:50 pm
Ah, this is excellent, thank you!  Will definitely use this all the time.  Just out of curiosity, is there any way to preserve poly groups when importing from ZBrush into Nvil?  NVil poly groups remain intact when the mesh is brought into ZBrush, but not the reverse.  Obviously, if poly groups are important, I can still go the manual import/export route, so that's fine.  I've noticed, however, that when using "NVil Out", the "Grp" (Group) button in the Export submenu of the Tool palette disables itself.  It would be awesome if the Go-NVil script could respect the export submenu settings (at least the "Grp" one), but if there's a technical reason why that's not possible, so be it.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 20, 2013, 10:30:43 pm
prolly i dont know shit about zbrush scripting this was just reading a a little and codeing

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 20, 2013, 11:16:09 pm
Fixed, got the new script posted in the same spot, you will have to load the script again manually for the changes to take effect.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2360554/Fourms%20Stuff/Void%20World/goNvil.txt
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:20:13 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 25, 2013, 08:14:08 am
Just wanted to thank you again for this beautiful little script (and Istonia for implementing the clipboard feature in the first place).  I've been using it all week and it's helped to bring NVil perfectly into my everyday workflow. :)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 25, 2013, 12:33:59 pm
ya not a big deal, thigns like this only take a few minutes to write, just in the case of zbrush it was a pain figuring out the language to use

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 30, 2013, 04:31:28 am
Can you make one for Shade 3D?  =)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 30, 2013, 06:40:10 pm
never heard of it, and from its website it dosnt seems to have no API, or way to script it.

also appears to be mac only from the website too.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 30, 2013, 10:50:46 pm
Shade Python Reference.  Not sure if this would help you or not, but it states:  "This document contains information concerning Python Script for Shade and Shade Widgets, and is written for developers."
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74427334/Shade_python_reference.zip

It's definitely not Mac only.  I wont touch Macs.  lol
http://www.mirye.net

Best place to get trial software is from the Japanese e-Frontier website.  Mirye seems to want to control everything, and you would need to get a demo license from them.  Don't have to from the Japanese page.  Just download, choose version, and run.
http://shade.e-frontier.co.jp/product/v14/trial14/

You'll find the python reference in bin > widgets > shade_python_reference.

Wow!  Thanks for looking into it!

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 30, 2013, 10:54:29 pm
Or it could simply be a change between v. 13 and v. 14...