News:

Topic: Cyber Arm WIP  (Read 5085 times)

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 04, 2017, 08:12:16 pm
Been doing this in my spare time and also integrating all of the new features released in Nvil since the last year.  I am loving all of the new hotwindows in combination with radial menus.  If I wish, I no longer need the UI and can rely on just a few hotkeys for all commands (heavily influenced by Maya UI)

I am now using Nvil on all of my modeling projects at the studio because I prefer it over Maya which I have been using daily for 16 years now.  I still need Maya for UVs and pipeline.

One major drawback is performance.  I have noticed a significant slowdown in frame rate and radial menu response time once the scene gets heavy.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 04, 2017, 08:14:25 pm
The forearm outershell  will get some damaged erosion, so it was necessary to model the insides

• Polygon
February 04, 2017, 08:18:17 pm
Nice work Mason !

One of the great things about Nvil is that you can customise it to suit your needs.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 05, 2017, 09:28:22 am
Niiiice.
Question:
Is that NVill or Rocket 3F?

If its NVill where did you get the icon setup?

Thanks in Advance

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 05, 2017, 09:46:21 am
I ripped some icons from Maya, and used the bundle provided on the forums here.

I tested Rocket3f, but dont like it and would not recommend it for people that need control.  I am an advanced user, and Rocket3f disables EVERYTHING -no hotkey changes,  UI/preferances tweaks, or even modifying the Streamline tools.  There are many features that are not integrated which are available in Nvil. 

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 06, 2017, 08:40:37 am
Thanks for the reply

I had Rocket 3F but found it hard to use and wasn't able to configure it as well, I am only at beginner level, and now they are going to start selling it.
I like the icon gui but don't know how to implement it.

• Polygon
February 07, 2017, 07:47:10 am
Designing your own interface for Nvil is a lot of work but worth learning as it allows you to easily access the tools you use most often which aren't necessarily readily available in the default interface.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 07, 2017, 10:04:06 pm
Rocket 3f is great for beginners, as it forces you to use only what you see, and you dont get lost.

I would be happy to share my UI if it helps.  It is Maya based, and some of the streamline tools are on hotkeys which have to be learned.

The most time consuming part is making icons,  so I just use the ones from other applications I use.  Its for personal use, and if anyone complains then I wont share anything.

I have been using Nvil for a few years now, so the UI is mostly for things i dont want to put to hotkey.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
July 15, 2017, 07:42:54 pm
Nice Cyber Arm modeling  :)