News:

Topic: Use Scrollwheel for more actions  (Read 10476 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 16, 2012, 09:01:49 am
Maybe I just don't see how this is hooked up but I miss options to use the Scrollwheel for more actions (in combination with Modifiers or normal keys). Such as:

• Extend and contract existing selections (also Loops and Rings)
  • Control Soft-Selection ranges (Area+Falloff)
    • Fine-grained Smoothing or Relaxing of Meshes (roll wheel Up =smooth, roll down = Undo)
    • Cycle through Shade-Modes
    • Cycle through Manipulator Orientations

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 16, 2012, 12:35:21 pm
grow ands shrink selection already use control+alt+shit+wheel.

the tweak streamline tool also uses the wheel to change the soft selection raduis.

and you can make a streamline tool and set the wheel to any command you want.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 16, 2012, 04:37:07 pm
grow ands shrink selection already use control+alt+shit+wheel.
Nice.
the tweak streamline tool also uses the wheel to change the soft selection raduis.
Nice too, would be cool to have this also available on Soft Selection outside of Tweak-Mode.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 16, 2012, 06:56:12 pm
wouldnt that just be redundent, since you can hold the team button scroll the soft selection radius smaller or larger, than release and keep working with soft selection like normal.

works the same way as haveing a key dedicated to it, expect you can do more with the key if you want.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 17, 2012, 08:27:58 am
wouldnt that just be redundent, since you can hold the team button scroll the soft selection radius smaller or larger, than release and keep working with soft selection like normal.

works the same way as haveing a key dedicated to it, expect you can do more with the key if you want.

I don't think this would be redundant if done right. It would feel odd to me to first have to enter Tweak-Mode to set the Scale interactively with the Mouse and then to use these Values with other Commands.

It would be nice to have a Wheel+Hotkey-Driven Scale Control for Soft-Selection, which works from anywhere. Another one for Smoothing (relaxing)and for all sorts of Behaviour Cycling.
Passerby  - would it already work to set up such a Manipulator Orientation-Cycler with an own Streamline-Tool?

• Edge
February 17, 2012, 01:56:02 pm

I don't think this would be redundant if done right. It would feel odd to me to first have to enter Tweak-Mode to set the Scale interactively with the Mouse and then to use these Values with other Commands.

It would be nice to have a Wheel+Hotkey-Driven Scale Control for Soft-Selection, which works from anywhere. Another one for Smoothing (relaxing)and for all sorts of Behaviour Cycling.
Passerby  - would it already work to set up such a Manipulator Orientation-Cycler with an own Streamline-Tool?

I adjust soft selection with SHIFT+ wheel, I also use "edge relax" (on S key) when rolling down wheel,rolling up is set to "change poly flow" but it can be set to "undo", if I am not mistaken.
You also have "cycle shading" available in stream line tools.