News:

Topic: ability to link middle mouse drag to manipulators ala maya  (Read 4162 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 13, 2013, 07:36:58 am
Hi, maybe there is already a way to set some or all of this through preferences but I was unable to find it.
In maya there are predefined default interactions associated with middle mouse drag (a MMB drag from anywhere on screen). Ex: if move manipulator is active, middle mouse drag will move whatever is selected in screen space. The middle mouse drag is linked to the tiny blue square at center of manipulator. This has a benefit in that it works wherever the mouse position is on screen, removing the need to be near the manipulator. This behavior is consistent throughout maya as a kind of default tweak behavior, any selected element can be MMB dragged to access a default interaction. For move=screen space move, for rotate=screen space rotate, for scale=uniform scale. for number fields or transform type ins, MMB drag will scrub through values.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 13, 2013, 12:15:51 pm
Hold down the move key, w, and drag lmb or mmb for axis or plane constraint, to move with out useing the manip.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 19, 2013, 09:55:41 pm
Thanks for the pro-tip! I'll see if I can't remap current behavior to what I am used to.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
July 19, 2013, 10:08:12 pm
you can just edit it in the streamline tool editor