News:

Topic: My ideas and questions  (Read 3919 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
August 26, 2020, 08:00:18 pm
Can I also add the size in cm to the unit settings?
This will be useful for creating objects in cm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:18:49 pm by Ghostil1 »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Vertex
September 01, 2020, 09:31:13 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Aug-30-20.rar
It works well. Thank.
1 The lower buttons at the bottom do not have tooltips. Can I fix this? It is necessary that when you hover over these buttons, a script appears that they do as in other functions.
2 Is it possible to select the default H axis for the top view and not the Y as it is now?
3 Is it possible to add an improved version of the icons for the menu under the objects than now to visually improve the program?
4 Can a knife tool be given the opportunity to cut like in a blender or in May and not like in 3ds max? That is, you need to highlight the cuts and the ability to cut through the entire object.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 07, 2020, 11:57:15 am
1 The lower buttons at the bottom do not have tooltips. Can I fix this? It is necessary that when you hover over these buttons, a script appears that they do as in other functions.

Try this and see if I understand you correctly.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-07-20.rar

2 Is it possible to select the default H axis for the top view and not the Y as it is now?

I don't what is H axis. Can you explain in a pic?

3 Is it possible to add an improved version of the icons for the menu under the objects than now to visually improve the program?

I don't know what icons you talk about. Can you show in a pic.

4 Can a knife tool be given the opportunity to cut like in a blender or in May and not like in 3ds max? That is, you need to highlight the cuts and the ability to cut through the entire object.

It is not possible to implement it to the ways it works in blender.
There are ways to cut through the whole object. Check the tool's description and also the related information in the help book.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
September 09, 2020, 07:07:46 pm

Try this and see if I understand you correctly.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-07-20.rar

I don't what is H axis. Can you explain in a pic?

I don't know what icons you talk about. Can you show in a pic.

It is not possible to implement it to the ways it works in blender.
There are ways to cut through the whole object. Check the tool's description and also the related information in the help book.
Hi.
See this.

1. I have highlighted the icons under the objects in red. Can you improve them?
2 I would also like to see the display of axes in the viewport more modern. Look at how it was done in Bledner 2.8 or make the same manipulator there as when moving it, only smaller.
3 into the account of the axis I did not translate correctly, there is now a top axis Y is it possible to change so that there is a Z axis?
Hints work checked in the Steam update.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 10, 2020, 09:36:16 am

How should it look like?

2 I would also like to see the display of axes in the viewport more modern. Look at how it was done in Bledner 2.8 or make the same manipulator there as when moving it, only smaller.

I don't know how to implement it so have to leave it aside.

3 into the account of the axis I did not translate correctly, there is now a top axis Y is it possible to change so that there is a Z axis?

It is not possible.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
September 10, 2020, 08:54:56 pm

How should it look like?

As done in 3ds max for example.
The quality is lost or in the pale 2.79 icons were colored good something like that.

I don't know how to implement it so have to leave it aside.

It is not possible.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2020, 10:10:04 am

As done in 3ds max for example.

It is something some people like and others may dislike. I'd better to keep it as is.

But you can create your entire GUI in Nvil.
View > Windows > User Windows.

You can use the user window context menu to create and organize your buttons and tools.