News:

Topic: Universal Loop Selection (Range)  (Read 2365 times)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 14, 2017, 09:33:49 am
Hi,

i frequently use this selection tool : Universal Loop Selection (Range) to select polygon stripes and edge stripes.

To perform selection like this ( see screenshot 01) i select first 2 polygons and use this tool.This works perfectly.

But if i have already a selection on same mesh it behaves different (see screenshot 02).

I was expecting the result like this (see screenshot 03)

Basically the fist range selection should not affect the second one. This behavior i had in silo too. Then it would be easy select couple of ranges and then extrude them at the same time fox example.
right now i select first range and the next ones i have to select by hand.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:47:54 am by Woolfy »

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 14, 2017, 09:42:53 am
Would be nice if Universal Loop Selection (Range) behaves similar with edges. Right now i get this warning message (screen 04) if i try select second range.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:47:25 am by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2017, 10:24:40 am
But if i have already a selection on same mesh it behaves different (see screenshot 02).
That appears to be correct result, due to there being multiple preselections on the same loop.

I was expecting the result like this (see screenshot 03)
Hold down "Ctrl+Shift", LMB(click) on first polygon of loop, then double LMB(click) on end polygon of loop. Repeat for next loop.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 14, 2017, 12:34:35 pm
Hi ,

thx a lot for the help,

Yes it works, it feels little uncomfortable since i work only with tablet. (double click on tablet sometimes doesn't work).

Would be much faster if i could select only with hotkey like i mentioned, strip after strip but anyway thanks, its faster than select second loop by hand, what i did before.  :)

My second point was that i get error message if i was trying to select edges , is it possible to disable this warning window somehow? I know on own risk :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:53:44 pm by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 14, 2017, 01:49:10 pm
Would be much faster if i could select only with hotkey like i mentioned, strip after strip
Not possible with that tool, and I am not sure of a way to perform the function you want with current avalable tools. I did request math functions on groups/selections for composite tools, which could of solved the issue, but functions never implimented.

My second point was that i get error message if i was trying to select edges , is it possible to disable this warning window somehow? I know on own risk :)
The warning indicates a bug. You should copy/paste that post to bug section (so IStonia does not miss the bug report)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 15, 2017, 03:28:06 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-17-17.rar

* Subobject mode > Selection > Contextual Loop Selection(Range/Gap). Use the last two selected subobject to perform additional loop selection. If the existing selection is only one subobject, whole mesh selection grow or edge loop selection will be performed.

Would be nice if Universal Loop Selection (Range) behaves similar with edges. Right now i get this warning message (screen 04) if i try select second range.

Maybe fixed?

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 15, 2017, 10:28:19 pm
Thx a lot !!!

it works just amazing!!!

No error messages on edge selection too....