News:

Topic: Retopology Tools Update  (Read 5424 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 11, 2013, 02:45:38 am
Similar to the tool Tubes in TopoGun, tnx

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 11, 2013, 07:26:32 am
I have a quick check on the internet and couldn't find out what the TopGun's Tube tool is. Can you provide more information?

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 11, 2013, 07:56:26 am
It draws a straight in the viewport(look at black arrow) and when activated with right click it crates a edge loop wrapping around the mesh(look at red arrow). The number of vertices to be created are customized.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 11, 2013, 08:08:21 am
NVil does not support isolated edges so it is impossible to create a tool exact the same.

Have you tried the retopo spline tool? you may get similar results. Help > Contents > Modeling > Edge Section > Retopo > Polygon Creation Tools > By connecting splines.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 11, 2013, 08:33:54 am
thanks it is quite similar to what I was looking for but this tool is buggy when I use this it creates unnecessary splines making this tool unusable.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 11, 2013, 09:20:04 am
I can't see what the problem is from the image. I want to know how the splines are created, what shapes they have and how you connect them.

My guess is it seems you have layers of meshes and that will create more than one splines for each drawing. Maybe you can select those unwanted splines then delete them so they won't be in the way when you create new faces.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 11, 2013, 11:24:02 am
I don't have any layers of mesh, the mesh that I use is decimated(I don't know if this is the cause), I use the tool like what was shown in the help file, sometimes it work sometimes it does not. Deleting the unwanted splines is really a tough job because there are too many.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 11, 2013, 04:24:05 pm
Hi arvin00,

.............but this tool is buggy when I use this it creates unnecessary splines making this tool unusable.

I cannot reproduce the problem.

Is the hand a single fully welded mesh?

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 12, 2013, 03:11:56 am
The meshes I used are decimated mesh from zBrush they may have meshes under them, if this tool recognize other meshes under can you add an option where only the outer mesh will be recognize.

Thanks for the replies.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 12, 2013, 03:33:25 am
From the image you provided, I can see the mesh layers intersect with each other. In case like this, there is no way to tell which one is outer or inner.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 12, 2013, 03:58:10 am
is there no possible way to do this method in nVil? because in topogun it works well even with this kind of mesh.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 12, 2013, 04:41:20 am
I don't know why but suddenly it works :o, hmmmmmm.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 12, 2013, 04:51:23 am
What do you mean it 'suddenly works'?

There is a possible way. The unwanted splines seems to have shortter length.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 12, 2013, 05:14:31 am
It's just work with the same decimated model I used before, I used topogun to get what I wanted then it crashed so I tried nVil again and it worked. Hmmmmm, maybe nVil learned???

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 12, 2013, 05:24:26 am
my bad it only works only in certain parts :'(, is it possible when using this tool those spline in the middle will not be created? sometimes this is a problem because sometimes it just go nuts(see the bottom pic).