News:

Topic: Branding and Names  (Read 29406 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
December 14, 2011, 10:30:10 pm
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74005&page=66

just wondering when were going to get back to that and decided on the Final name for the APP and the direction that it will be going in.

seems Anvil to be the name most agreed on, just kinda curious if and when this will be decided on and done since i would like to work on starting a site for VW, and making some changes to these forums to match.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 03, 2012, 08:53:52 am
I have decided to use N-Vil as the new app name. I will contact Memag and see if he can make the logos for us.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 03, 2012, 12:08:36 pm
ah cool, once tehre are some logos up i can work on re-branding the fourms and making a site.

• Edge
January 04, 2012, 06:09:00 pm
Splash screens and LOGO.
What do you think?

Second image responds better to (new) program icon.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:16:19 am by Memag »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 04, 2012, 06:18:52 pm
that looks really nice.
nice idea on the logo have it kinda shaping it's self.
once istonia sees it i could start on the forum  style again, and start on a site.

if you got a good idea for that too i could give you FTP access to the server to work on it, or you could send me a mockup of the desgin and i could work on the markup and stylesheet for it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:39:43 pm by Passerby »

• Edge
January 04, 2012, 06:59:22 pm
Thanks!

I am afraid I don't have too much time to work on website design, at the moment.
I can send you "blue modeling blob" image as a separate file if you want to put in in website header or
in some flash banner animation (I could do that as well), but let's wait for Istonia to confirm on design and splash.I have sent him logo and splash files.

Cheers!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 04, 2012, 07:14:26 pm
ya sure i could play with the logo's and see what kinda site i could build around them, even if he confirms those right away it will prolly be a while till the actually name change happens so that should leave me with some time to work on a site.

• Edge
January 07, 2012, 03:20:05 pm
Variations.

Splash!

Icons-

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 08, 2012, 04:49:30 pm
i prefer the cleaner material on the anvil, find the roughed up one clashes with the rest of it.
overall very nice concepts, and the icon is very quickly recognizable.

• Edge
January 08, 2012, 09:05:38 pm
Splash #4, #5.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:07:29 am by Memag »

• Vertex
January 18, 2012, 07:26:37 pm
Hey Memag,
Very nice work on the logo!! It's very clean, with a great choice of colors. I can easily visualize those colors being used within the UI. Thanks for taking the time!
My only comment is I actually prefer the Anvil without the blob and hands on the top. Not that I don't like the blob, it's just I think the Anvil by itself with the logo on the front is very striking and professional. You can always judge a good logo by how it looks when it's small, like an icon. That being said, I really like the icons you've made with just the anvil. The blob seems to make the whole thing way too busy.
Once again, very nice work!
-ShaneO
Cheers,
-ShaneO

• Edge
January 18, 2012, 07:31:12 pm
Hay thanks!

Well I can make adjustments, Istonia has the icon files so I think he'll pick one for program.
I like the anvil and logo on top for icon as well.
Blob and anvil were made for splash screen, I'm not sure if Istonia wants just the anvil.
I'll make a new spash screen.
Thanks again!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 22, 2012, 03:04:40 pm
@Memag think you could toss me un cropped versions of the ones you made for the splash screen.

thinking of working on a redoing the forums in that style sometime in the next few weeks.

so some uncropped versions of PSD's would be great.

• Edge
February 08, 2012, 08:12:13 pm
Than you very much.
I think we can make adjustments later, when Istonia gives green light.

Aren't we all Silo refugees?
There there, it'll be alright.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 08, 2012, 09:57:27 pm
Memag: The light is green.