News:

Topic: 2 small requests  (Read 12431 times)

• No avatar
  • Edge
    • my blog - sculpting
December 09, 2011, 10:47:48 pm
I have to small things that I wish to see in VW:
- double click in scene explorer on object/group name for rename
- I would like to have constraint to axis on cut streamline tool -when dragging from outside of mesh though it. I recently often with I could cut mesh vertically or horizontally.
Thanks.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
December 10, 2011, 02:23:52 am
both would be nice, but for the 2nd due the cut with the ortho view, than select the loop the cut makes and scale it on the perpendicular axis till straight.

ideally for cutting across meshes it should work with snapping, both grid and component snapping.

• No avatar
  • Edge
    • my blog - sculpting
December 10, 2011, 12:45:50 pm
Passerby, well the second method would not work if I wanted edge marked in red to be straight after cut. For now eyeball it like in image 3  but  It would be cool to have horizontal/vertical constraint on shift key.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 11, 2011, 02:09:08 am
For horizontal/vertical constraint slice cut, I can make it happen if user press down 'Shift' key while the Cut tool 'C' is activated. The problem is it is possible that 'C + Shift' is a hotkey combo for another tool or command. So I will also create two new basic streamline tools that will do horizontal/vertical constraint slice cut only, split and non-split respectively. Is it good? or any better ideas?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
December 11, 2011, 03:25:44 am
For horizontal/vertical constraint slice cut, I can make it happen if user press down 'Shift' key while the Cut tool 'C' is activated. The problem is it is possible that 'C + Shift' is a hotkey combo for another tool or command. So I will also create two new basic streamline tools that will do horizontal/vertical constraint slice cut only, split and non-split respectively. Is it good? or any better ideas?

ya think that is the best method, that way it could be done with cut+MMB or LMB, good for consistency, customization to, to just keep creating things like this as streamline basic tools.

also using shift for it would be a conflict, with users that use a keysetup like silo or silo like such as my since i got Cut on "x" and LoopCut on "shift+x"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:58:08 pm by Passerby »