News:

Topic: Working entirely without a manipulator  (Read 9014 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
November 28, 2011, 09:10:49 am
Q: I'm still missing a way to work entirely without a manipulator. Could you make it so, if selection mode is active and I use w, e or r with the rmb (axis) option, that it goes back to selection mode afterwards? I'd still want to get the manipulator when I just press and release w, e or r, though. Even if this were a user preference, that'd be wonderful.

A: In the streamline W/E/R tools, use drag-drop to change the Turn-On-Manipulator tool from event "On Acitvated" to "On Taped". I put it in "On Activated" event in default setting because new user may get confused visually.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
December 01, 2011, 02:20:14 pm
good to know, i forgot that  W E R tools were actually streamlines, with the on activated command for the visual element.
so if someone was confident they didn't need widgets at all they could just remove the onActiviated or onTapped command all together.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 01, 2011, 09:02:41 pm
good to know, i forgot that  W E R tools were actually streamlines, with the on activated command for the visual element.
so if someone was confident they didn't need widgets at all they could just remove the onActiviated or onTapped command all together.

Also in default setting, W/E/R are mapped to 'Turn On Move/Rotate/Scale-Manipulator' commands. Edit > Customize > Tools > Manipulator > Turn On Move/Rotate/Scale-Manipulator. So these hotkeys must be removed as well.