News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update september 11 2011  (Read 7914 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 10, 2011, 02:26:28 pm
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-sep-11-11.rar

Summary of changes:

* Big change in radial menu system, your radial menu settings are not maintained. 1. User can create own menus. 2. Menu level is unlimited. 3. All menu items are available at the same time for choosing. 4. Sticky behaviour is added for menus activated from hotkeys. If mouse button is not used, tap the key. Other wise, either click the mouse button or click the mouse button then realse key immediately. 5. Streamline tools can be activated through radial menu. This is usefull if hotkeys ran out. It is slower but this tool can be helpfull, Misc Tools > Activate Last Streamline Tool, also available in shortcut tools and radial menu items.
  * Edge shoulder extrusion direction is determined by mouse gesture move direction. The same applies to vertex extruding.
  * Polygon extrusion in vertex normal style is improved. resut shape is more reasonable.
  * One more edge extrusion options is added into Retopo tool, edge normal extrusion. Help > Contents > Modeling > Edge Section > Retopo > Polygon creation tools > By extruding out new geometries.
  * Edit > Options > Keep Subobject Selections In Seperate Stack. Edit > Options > Undo/Redo Subobject Selection.
  * Slide Selection tool is improved. Help > Contents > Modeling > StreamLine Tools, scroll down to bottom.
  * I try to use multi-threads to improve rendering preformance again. My compouter only has two processors, so the performand is not stable since there are some running background programmes every now and then. I need feedbacks on whether it works fine in computers which has at least 3 processors. Basically, set the number of processors to a value 1 or 2 less than the available number. Edit > Options > Set Number Of Processors.

Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 10, 2011, 02:42:48 pm
good job on the changes to the radial menus, i like how you set it up just like the streamline tool editor, and that allows for easy context sensitive menus.

and i like how i can activate streamline tools via the menu helps for some streamline tool like the 4 different differential snaps.

sorry i cant help with testing the multi-threading but i also only got a duel core.

EDIT:

Think i found a bug, there seems to be no differnt between a "Generic Menu" and a "Generic Menuset" in the radial menu editor so if i want to make a menu that appreas in all modes i have to manually remake the menu for each selection mode which is a bit of a pain when you got more than a few things in the menu.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:41:07 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2011, 04:00:05 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-sep-11a-11.rar

Summary of changes:

* Two bugs in new radial menu creation are fixed. "Suobject Menu" was same as "Subobject Menuset", "Generic Menu" was same as "Generic Menuset".

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2011, 04:23:42 pm
found a new bug in this version of VW.

after upgrading to it some events on a custom streamline tool got messed up most of which i was able to fix, but now it is impossible to use any of the symmetry cut commands as events in a streamline tool.

if i got to try to setup a event on say rmb click when i go to select "Symmetry Remove-Negative (Weld/NoWeld)#" or any of the other similar tool it wont properley select and wont work in The streamline tool.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 12, 2011, 03:47:13 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-sep-12-11.rar

Summary of changes:

* A few bugs in tool identifying are fixed.

Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 12, 2011, 02:18:16 pm
thanks works like a charm i was able to remake the few streamline tools that got broken from the last update and they work as expected now.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 13, 2011, 02:13:33 pm
There is a rendering bug in last update. Don't turn on this option, Rendering > Back Face In Gray. Or it may crash.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:15:15 pm by IStonia »