News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update October 26 2011  (Read 7786 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 26, 2011, 10:23:57 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-oct-26-11.rar

Summary of changes:

* Some performance gain in subdivision speed. about 30%.
  * Menu items are reorganized.
  * If there are multiple objects/meshes under cursor when doing object/mesh selection at point, LMB will select the most front object while MMB will cycle through all the objects behind the cursor. Edit > Preference > Switch object/mesh cycle select from MMB to LMB.
  * View > Display > Show Heads Up Display. Color cab be customized in Preference form.
  * A new option is added into spline Slide tool, "Scale at linelist path corners".
  * Subdivision is supported in edge LooP_Relax and Loop_Tidy tools.

Thanks!

3DToons: Selections won't drop performance dramatically any more.
But I don't understand this " if you already have wire on shaded model, and you initiate sub-d preview, it takes quite a long time to turn on the sub-d's.". Subd speed is not affected by shading options. Can you recheck it?

• Vertex
October 26, 2011, 01:45:05 pm
Fantastic! I will test this today! Thank you for your on-going hard work.

What I meant by  "if you already have wire on shaded model, and you initiate sub-d preview, it takes quite a long time to turn on the sub-d's." is... if you have a semi-high-res model (say 8k polys) in your scene that isn't subdivided, but it is set to "wireframe on shaded", then you initiate the Sub-d preview... it takes a while for the model to get subdivided and display. I'll check this build and time how long it takes.

Thanks again!
-ShaneO
Cheers,
-ShaneO

• Vertex
October 28, 2011, 09:00:18 pm
You did it! The speed is so MUCH improved!! (at least for my initial test). Thank you so much for working very hard to get the optimization up. Now I can spend more of my time in VW and really test it in a production situation. Thanks again!
Cheers,
-ShaneO