News:

Topic: Slide tool hexagon like option  (Read 11837 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
October 18, 2011, 01:46:41 pm
hexagon sweep has an option to perform a "regular sweep". Is possible add this option in the Slide Tool?
I like an easy option to extrude a profile along a polyline made with the spline tool ("line list" checked)
Maybe is a newbie request.... or is an option already existing?
This is what i want to obtain

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 24, 2011, 12:58:15 am
merk: I have been able to create an object shown in the pic you provided. Make sure the path spline is Line List type, the profile spline is at the starting point of the path spline and its facing is twards the second point of the path spline.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
October 24, 2011, 02:22:25 pm
Hi istonia thanks for the reply!
Maybe is my bad, but the profile is replicated on  the path second point (with 45° rotation, due to the 90° path angle)==> Left object
This is right for a spline path (no line list checked): the profile is replicated on the tangent of the path for all the points==> Object on the right
But i try to obtain another type of object ==> Second attachments: made by polygonal model

Sorry if the question is for my bad skill  :-[

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 26, 2011, 10:29:39 am
merk: The option has been added in the new update. Please confirm.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
October 26, 2011, 01:35:10 pm
Hi Istonia!
It works perfectly^^... in linelist mode and in "not linelist" mode
It works with "zero in/out tangent" too
Spline tool require a bit of manual works to doing a spline like the left object in perspective view==>  doing 2 edges connected by 1/4 circle is not easy as doing it in a cad software, but is not a long time operation  ;)
Bye, Marco!