News:

Topic: Custom UI-Color Editing...  (Read 2191 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
January 08, 2020, 12:55:53 pm
 Hello,

I had difficulty yesterday attempting to find out how to properly-manage/edit the color-values within the UI for the following areas:

-Group-Caption background-color

-Buttons background-color (or transparency-area of buttons, which may simply be related to the prior)

-User-Tools font-color (the customizable user-sidebar)

Sending thanks out to the devs, and everyone additionally, who has contributed their time and efforts to supporting, and strengthening the viability of this software and community on the whole through the years.  :)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 08, 2020, 08:35:31 pm
Check this thread.
http://digitalfossils.com/nvil-forum//index.php?topic=3686.0

Make sure you have this option checked.
Edit > Preference > Option 1 > GUI > User tool Window customize enabled.

Also there some other options.
View > Windows > Appearance > ...
Edit > Preference > Colors > Form Color Scheme > Dock Caption Scheme.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:44:32 pm by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
January 08, 2020, 09:36:19 pm

Istonia, thanks for your time given in replying to me; Yes, I must mention that I have maintained a healthy-relationship with the majority of public-media that has been produced for the software, and certainly with all that Samardac has shared over time.  ;D

I was able to locate the "User-tools font-color" in the menu earlier-today, but the actual "Dock caption schemes"-container (I assume now) are not themselves user-customizable, or rather I should ask if there is no-method currently, for the user to go in, and customize the primary color-scheme of the interface, without digging into the underlying-code itself?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 08, 2020, 10:01:10 pm
"Dock Caption Scheme" is not customizable. I have no way of how to make it customizable.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
January 08, 2020, 10:38:32 pm
Okay Istonia,

That's not a huge-thing, I'll happily make do with what is available for us to tweak, although perhaps from time-to-time, a similar-question or two may come to my mind concerning the UI, I'm sure. Thanks!