News:

Topic: Clipboard Paste (Replace) fbx  (Read 1658 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
September 16, 2018, 06:50:49 am
Hi Istonia,

I am testing on transferring mesh between Nvil and Maya/Blender. Previously I have been using obj, but I think fbx will be able to better preserve the data and hierarchy + naming.

I find that Paste (Replace) is not working, it doesn't replace the model.

My steps:
1. Create a cube

Scene Hierarchy
     |Object_Box

2. File -> Clipboard -> Copy (fbx)
3. File -> Clipboard -> Paste (Replace)

Scene Hierarchy
     |Object_Box
     |Object_Box_01

For obj, Paste replace does seems to replace the model, but it will shift the position of the model at replace.

My Steps:
1. Create a cube, move it to position X = 100 (Y and Z is 0)
2. File -> Clipboard -> Copy (obj)
3. File -> Clipboard -> Paste (Replace)

Replaced Cube position X = 200

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 28, 2018, 10:44:08 am
Fixed.

http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-28-18.rar

* Subobject mode > Selection > Adjacent Selection. Replace the current subobject selection with unselected subobjects adjacent to the current selection.
  * A new basic streamline tool, Context_Cut. Press down mouse button to activate the cut then drag/scroll/numberkeys to adjust number of cuts. Special case: if only two subobjects of the same mesh are selected and they are separated by other geometries, a cut line will be produced to connect the two selected subobjects.
  * A new basic streamline tool, Quad_Cap. Create quad polygons to fill holes. The number of border edges must be even. Selections must be made to mark initial layout. Press down mouse button to create initial layout then drag to adjust orientation. To change row setting, WMB/Alt+drag. To change auto relax option, tap Space key.
  * A shortcut is added to Draw Mesh tool on cutting mesh by a line, Shit+Ctrl+MMB.
  * File > Open User Settings Folder > User config files are saved in User Settings folder. It is recommended to backup those files regularly in case they may get lost or damaged.
  * View > Sort Object Render Order Enabled. If this option is on, objects render order will be sorted for better visual result if there is any object has any transparent material. This can drop down viewport performance to some degree if there are many objects in scene.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Align To Camera. Align viewport camera to the only selected camera object or the only visible camera object or the only camera object in scene.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
September 29, 2018, 10:30:25 am
Thanks IStonia, it's working great!

I have another request, is it possible to ignore material on import? maybe can make it one of file format options. Also, if possible during Paste (Replace), the material will be using back the one of the selected?

I also face a problem with viewport shading with the new version. When something is selected, the shading turned all flat, when I deselect, the material display is back to normal. I reset the User Settings and see that there's no problem with default settings, maybe it's because of my configurations. Do you have any ideas what could cause the problem?

It looks like this..

a gif to explain better..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lpgcoqkpe0bn7y/Flat-shading.gif?dl=0

Also, nice to see new tools being added, Adjacent Selection and streamline Context_Cut looks interesting!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:32:26 am by miica »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 29, 2018, 12:32:15 pm
Can you send me your config files?

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
September 29, 2018, 01:49:34 pm

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 01, 2018, 07:20:26 am
It is a bug. Fixed. Also you can test this.
* Ignore materials in file option on importing is added. If it is on, the imported object will only take the default material.

http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Oct-01-18.rar

Edit: You have retopo mode enabled. Is it intentional?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:28:02 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
October 01, 2018, 10:31:26 am
Ah thanks! so it's the retopo mode.. It's not intentional, I just don't have the awareness to turn it off and have forgot its existence this time, because I guess it won't have any effect if I don't have any object added to the reference list.. so most of the time when I want to retopo I add the reference mesh, after I am done I will just delete the reference mesh because it will be heavy for the scene.

and thanks for adding the option to ignore material, it's getting better now, I just do a quick test and so far no problem.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:33:23 am by miica »