News:

Topic: Left text alignment for Radial Menu list  (Read 10233 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 18, 2017, 10:47:39 am
What would be good is if you customise the name on each radial menu.

Renaming of tool names are now done via the "Tool Search" window. Open "Tool Search", search/find the tool, RMB it, select "Create User Tool Text".

Radial menu size/text size can be changed in "Edit > Preference > "General" >> "Radial Menu Font scale" >> "Radial Menu Scale"

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:49:36 am by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 18, 2017, 10:50:17 am
For example:
"Show unselected object in as transparent" is too long winded for a radial menu so it would be good to be able to change it to "Transparent Unselected"

If you have the idea of which tool name should be changed to what name. Just give me a list so I can change them internally.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 18, 2017, 11:21:02 am
I question the need for the gap/underscore between the text entries in the lower menu. I would prefer that to be removed, or possibly an option to change the color of the gap so it can be hidden(blended with menu).
I on the other hand do like those gaps because of how they visually separate each radial menu list item. :)

• Polygon
September 19, 2017, 09:33:40 am
For example:
"Show unselected object in as transparent" is too long winded for a radial menu so it would be good to be able to change it to "Transparent Unselected"

If you have the idea of which tool name should be changed to what name. Just give me a list so I can change them internally.

I'm reluctant to do that as it may muck up other users who are used to it being the way it is now. But if I could customise the wording on my radial menus without affecting the wording that is in tool search that would be really helpful in making clean, net easy to read custom radial menus.

• Polygon
September 19, 2017, 09:41:50 am
What would be good is if you customise the name on each radial menu.

Renaming of tool names are now done via the "Tool Search" window. Open "Tool Search", search/find the tool, RMB it, select "Create User Tool Text".

Radial menu size/text size can be changed in "Edit > Preference > "General" >> "Radial Menu Font scale" >> "Radial Menu Scale"

I'd prefer to leave the tool search unmodified but still be able to have a different name on the radial menu that is shorter, easier to read and customised to the way I think about functions in Nvil.

I haven't found font scale to be particularly useful. Reason being is that value less than 1 are hard for me to read. Value larger than 1 don't fit within the radial menu box (especially for the functions that have long names and run over two lines of the radial menu)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 19, 2017, 12:24:06 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Sep-20-17.rar

* Edit > Preference > General > Radial menu item gap.
  * Edit > Preference > Colors > Radial Menu Colors > Font.

• Polygon
September 19, 2017, 12:42:47 pm
That works really nice, thanks a lot !

Can we get rid of the border that surrounds the radial menu item that was last used ?

It kind of ruins the neat clean look of the radials menus.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 20, 2017, 03:14:33 pm
It is done.

• Polygon
September 21, 2017, 08:41:50 am
Thanks, that looks much better !

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 23, 2017, 03:13:59 pm
IStonia, I have noticed that you have changed how the last used tool is displayed in the radial menu. The problem is that in my mockup this triangle was supposed to indicate that the current item is a submenu containing a different radial menu. Having a triangle (which actually symbolizes an arrow) doesn't make much sense, at least to me, when it's used to indicate last tool.
I was quite puzzled when I first saw this. :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 23, 2017, 05:47:44 pm
I find that the "Radial menu item gap" is reverting to default setting of "1" after restarting Nvil.
Anyone else seeing that?

• Polygon
September 23, 2017, 07:52:54 pm
I find that the "Radial menu item gap" is reverting to default setting of "1" after restarting Nvil.
Anyone else seeing that?

Not experiencing this problem for Sept 24 version.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 23, 2017, 08:34:58 pm
On my setup (win7-64), Nvil does change setting for "Radial menu item gap" and, on exit, stores that setting in "PreferenceSettings.xml >> <RadialMenuItemGap>size</RadialMenuItemGap>", but over-rides that setting on restart, and reverts back to default "1"

Checked with new default config.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 23, 2017, 08:53:32 pm
On my setup (win7-64), Nvil does change setting for "Radial menu item gap" and, on exit, stores that setting in "PreferenceSettings.xml >> <RadialMenuItemGap>size</RadialMenuItemGap>", but over-rides that setting on restart, and reverts back to default "1"

Checked with new default config.
Confirmed. The setting reverts to 1 after restart.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 24, 2017, 12:05:13 pm