News:

Topic: P_Move Command Problem  (Read 2116 times)

• No avatar
  • Edge
August 11, 2017, 10:53:51 am
I would like to create composite tool that zeros the position of all selected subobjects on one axis. To do that I added P_Scale and P_Move commands. The problem is when it comes to executing P_Move command I cannot constraint absolute mode transformation to only one axis. The question is is thera something that I can type in as a value that does nothing (prevent subobjects from moving) on axes other than x? or is there a other way to create composite tool like this?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 11, 2017, 12:13:59 pm
If you are moveing all subobjects(flattening) to world X0, you only need to move manipulator to world Orientation/location, and use p_scale to zero(flatten) on X

Manipulator Tools >> Pivot+Orientation(World)
P_Scale_Selection: Uniform Scale(false): Uniform Scale Factor(0): X(-1): Y(0): Z(0)

• No avatar
  • Edge
August 11, 2017, 01:10:31 pm
Works great, thanks Steve!
Only drawback is that I have to change back to previously used pivot oreintaion and location, after every use of the tool.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 11, 2017, 01:26:37 pm
Make composite as:-

Set-Restore Tools >> R_Turn On Manipulator_Position_World
Manipulator Tools >> Pivot+Orientation(World)
P_Scale_Selection: Uniform Scale(false): Uniform Scale Factor(0): X(-1): Y(0): Z(0)
Set-Restore Tools >> R_Restore Manipulator_Position-Orientation

• No avatar
  • Edge
August 11, 2017, 02:02:12 pm
Thanks, again Steve! Works like a charm.
I didn't know I could record some of the settings, that's really handy.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
August 11, 2017, 04:48:05 pm
Thanks for info too!

Is it possible to move the whole object to x=0, without manipulating y and z axis?

For example i import one character. It is symmetrical, but not exact on the x=0 axis , somewhere else in space like x=0.002 or so. What i have to do in the moment, select object and put "0" in "manipulation window" by hand. I have this problem often so i would like to create a button for this problem.

I did "P_Move Selection" composite tool but it moves object in all axes to zero at once.Thats not what i exactly want.

Thanks in advance...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:02:34 pm by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 11, 2017, 08:29:09 pm
Is it possible to move the whole object to x=0, without manipulating y and z axis?
Yes, using "P_Scale"

For example i import one character. It is symmetrical, but not exact on the x=0 axis , somewhere else in space like x=0.002 or so.
On Default import, the manipulator will be at "Selection" Position. You first need to change manipulator to "Position object"(it may already be at correct location)

Have attached compoite tool, when used, it will move all selected objects to world X0 (compositie tool will currently only work while in "Object" mode.)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
August 11, 2017, 09:16:36 pm
Yes its working perfect!!. Thanks a lot Steve!!

To the problem with import meshes. Thanks for info. Yes could be that i forgot to change pivot. I will test it with next import...If its not i can use this nice tool :)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:24:00 pm by Woolfy »