News:

Topic: Circularize to get Pipe  (Read 1987 times)

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 17, 2017, 01:04:56 pm
Hi guys,

actually i do a small study on hard-surface modelling see as reference Vitaly Bulgarov Robot modelling reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ct9voyU3h0

What im having trouble with right now, is to create this kind of circles on a mesh then extrude them to get a pipe etc.. 
see screens

I extrude the face, "subdivide" it one or two times and then use "circularize" to get a round shape. As you can see on screenshot sometimes i get this wrong triangulation outside the cylinder and have to fix it by hand.

Just a question, did someone get rid of this problems? Even have better workflow to achieve this kind of effect? Or even a way to speed up this process by composite tool. Suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:25:14 pm by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 31, 2017, 03:07:05 pm
You show a different issue on the rocket3f forum.

The problem you show above is overlapping/co-planer polygons(no tools to detected/fix that issue)
The problem you show at rocket3f is polygons with overlapping faces(use optimize).

Have you now found a solution for both issues?

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
July 31, 2017, 03:45:35 pm
yep , i didn't realized at the beginning that "optimize" could help there. I had to delete the edges per hand at the beginning and redraw them again. Now im just use hotkey for "optimize".

Istonia build new feature if you use circularize, it "optimize" in auto mode polygons outside the circularized area.

Of course if i  rotate the circular shape after creation i get this overlapped polygons that i have to fix by hand. But now its little faster with optimize.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:23:25 pm by Woolfy »