News:

Topic: Move selection without widget?  (Read 8551 times)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 01, 2012, 11:55:51 am
I can select elements like edges or faces or vertices without displaying a widget. But i cannot move them then. Using the widget though sometimes means to have something disturbing in the way. Is there a way to move a selected element without a widget?
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 01, 2012, 12:06:50 pm
Hold, the move, rotate, or scale buttons press limb to transform on one axis and rmb to transform on a plane.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 01, 2012, 12:08:01 pm
Hi Tiles,

For movement, Press "W"

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 01, 2012, 12:15:23 pm
Thanks folks. Seems that i am trapped by my other modifications here. I`ve setup the navigation so that i don`t need any hotkeys for move rotate or scale anymore. Navigation is one of the most used things, so i always make it as easy and fast as possible. I scale by Window zoom view, MMB is rotate, RMB is pan view. So that`s translation on a plane out i guess.

W just brings up the widget again. Which i have to use then.

What button is "Limb"?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 01, 2012, 12:17:10 pm
Hi Tiles,

You should have a look at the current settings in the streamline tools (edit-> Customize-> Streamline Tools). There are various shortcuts for various functions.
Select one of the "Streamline Engine Tools" from the list, and the functions that are bound to the mouse clicks show in the right hand list.
You can then, if needed, change the shortcut key for each streamline tool.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 01, 2012, 12:22:05 pm

You do not need to use the widget, you can just drag in view. If preferred, in the steamline tools options, you can remove [from the steamline "Move"] the "On Activated-> Turn on Move-manipulator", that will stop the manipulator from showing when pressing "W"

Here is a pic (press the x to remove the function)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:27:33 pm by steve »

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 01, 2012, 12:29:05 pm
Ah, thanks, that`s what i was looking for. I thought i had to use the widget because it popped up. Great help :)

I don`t want to modify NVil too much away from the basic setup. Just enough modifications to the navigation tools to have the same handling than in my other used apps. Followed by the modifications to get the now blocked stuff back working.

Alright. Guess i better have a break now to give you folks a rest. Sorry for bugging so much :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 01, 2012, 12:34:14 pm
Sorry for bugging so much :)

No problem at all, I am happy to help when I can.

Regards,

-Steve

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 03, 2012, 09:02:57 pm

You do not need to use the widget, you can just drag in view. If preferred, in the steamline tools options, you can remove [from the steamline "Move"] the "On Activated-> Turn on Move-manipulator", that will stop the manipulator from showing when pressing "W"

Here is a pic (press the x to remove the function)

I think it would be a better idea to move 'Turn On Move-Manipulator' to 'On Tapped' Event instead of reming it. This way you can still use the W tool to turn on the manipulator when you need. If you press W down and do some move operation, the manipulator won't be turned on when you exit the tool.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 03, 2012, 09:12:57 pm
Hi IStonia,

That can cause issue, as you mentioned before about setting that Streamline tool to "Allow tapped to stay alive", so tapping the key would not bring up the Manipulator.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:17:23 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 03, 2012, 11:38:08 pm
ok, I will let the 'On Tapped' event enabled in this case. Is that ok?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 04, 2012, 04:07:13 am
No problem for me.

Will changing the default cause issues for others?

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 04, 2012, 07:15:20 am
Not for me. I`m new anyways :)