News:

Topic: VoidWorld Storm's Config (Silo Like)  (Read 9567 times)

• Vertex
    • Pain Killer Entertainment(tm)
October 03, 2011, 11:17:50 pm
I have made a new Silo Based VW Set of HotKeys, it is based off of yours for starters, but heavily modified, like for example, NO Radial Menus...  This is version one, and it works really nice, and very handy indeed..  I have already come up with some things to add and change, so I will upload the new version some time tomorrow, I will try to finish this next version before finishing the tutorials, so I can make use of these new hotkeys as they make modeling a little easier..

Ciao' 4 now, I hope someone likes them also.. hehehe

here is the link:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/fTUEk5a/VW_Silo_HotKeys_10-01-2011_v001.zip

StOrM3
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:47:28 pm by Passerby »
Of All The Things I've Lost...
I've Missed My Mind The Most!

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
October 04, 2011, 09:57:46 am
Thanks for this Storm,  I know of a few colleagues who will be very happy about this setup.  I'll pass it on to them.
Senior 3D Artist

• Vertex
October 04, 2011, 05:03:17 pm
Your welcome, I think it is a pretty good set of hotkeys, I included all of the important silo hotkeys, as well as included them multiple times, for the different modes such as vert, edge, face, mesh, object, so that once you learn the important keys like select loop, insert loop, poly, retopo etc.. that the majority of the major hotkeys, are reusable for the other modes as well, in tools that are similar or identical in the other modes, this combined with the multi-select tweak tool enabled, makes it work really well and easy to model just about anything..  I made use of the number keys on the tenkey pad for selecting views, as well as toggling ortho / persp views, I have plans to add a few others like T for turn on universal manipulator, ctrl-esc to clear selection..  a few others, once done, I will post the next version of the setup, I'm also going to make some cheat tabs that can be placed around the outside of the keyboard, to help people learn the hotkeys at first..  I'm glad someone else than just me, likes this and will get some use out of it..

ciao' 4 now,

StOrM3

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 04, 2011, 07:10:42 pm
did you keep the original keys that don't conflict with the silo keys, such as shift+space for snapping the view-port, to a orthographic view.

or did you just clear them all and bound everything silo has bound.

• Vertex
October 04, 2011, 11:08:28 pm
Here is the 3rd revision of the hotkeys, and to answer Passerbye, I left most of the hotkeys that didn't conflict alone, except for the ones related to the radial menus..  I will post the cheat sheets pretty soon, I also included the text file export of the hotkeys inside the archive for those who want to see what the hotkeys are, and print them off before using them..

http://www.fileserve.com/file/VQWjuQJ/VW_Silo_HotKeys_10-04-2011_v003.zip

Hope you like it..  more revisions to come as things are added or changed in VW revisions..

StOrM3

• Vertex
October 09, 2011, 11:40:08 pm
Here is the 4th Version, and possibly the last version, unless IStonia / Kun makes any more hotkey additions or changes, this version includes the keys for Subdivision Increment and Decrement, as well as the collapse set to the silo subdivision tool that makes subd mesh editible, and toggle subdivision is setup to hotkeys as well, as other missing keys.

I hope you find these useful, I'm now going to re-edit the hotkey cheat sheets, for placing near computer for quick reference etc..

Here is the link to the file:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/T4zXE8m/VW_Silo_HotKeys_10-09-2011_v004.zip

Enjoy The Hotkey Setup!

StOrM3

• Vertex
October 10, 2011, 04:39:47 am
Thanks for putting this together! I'll give it a try.
Cheers,
-ShaneO

• Triangle
August 19, 2012, 07:52:03 pm
Unfortunately, I can't download the files from fileserve. It says: "FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally." Could somebody reupload them somewhere? And do these still work with current versions?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
August 19, 2012, 10:16:37 pm
dont got a working link for storm config, but if you mainly wanted it because it;s silo like you could check out my http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,3.0.html config which is heavily influenced by silo and maya.

• Triangle
August 19, 2012, 11:53:30 pm
Thanks! I will try out yours. At work I did use maya almost all of the time and a little Silo here and there, and for personal stuff at home. But Silo's development seems to have come to an end and I don't want the change to another program, and switching between them, to be much of a struggle.
So your config is much appreciated, if it gets me started more easily with NVIL!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:36:30 am by Passerby »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
August 20, 2012, 01:36:39 am
ya it's not really a clone of either, but for all the basic tools, transformations and component types, they keys are setup to clone silo.

also check out different mouse buttons with different keys, like "i" in my config is inset scale like silo, but if you use rmb with it it does inset extrude, the same goes for the bevel, and loop cut. i added a few extra things for usability to my loopcut shift+x shift+x+lmb is the basic one, mmb drops it in the center, and rmb drops 2 loops at once and adjusts the pinch, whcih is great for dropping quick support loops.

also for a lot of these tools tapping a mouse button instead of holding it down while holding the tool key down will perform the operation with the last used values, which is also a very useful thing for subd work and getting consistent support loops in while using the loop cut or inset tools.

• Vertex
June 02, 2013, 04:50:01 pm
I can re-upload my configs, but the only problem is the format has changed a bit so that alot of the items are no longer working as they should..  Like the main thing for creating a polygon with alt-d or something like that, no longer works not sure why...  Maybe if I get some time, I'll load up the newest config files and manually go through and reset all the keys and stuff to silo like settings..  That is if Passerby's is not close enough, I'm going to d/l his and see how good it is right now.. I'll let you know for sure later on..  Ciao' 4 now..

StOrM3

• Administrator
  • Polygon
June 03, 2013, 02:12:13 am
My is way outdated too, but mostly works.