News:

Topic: Negative scaling  (Read 5664 times)

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
July 27, 2012, 03:59:27 pm
Hi all,

I haven't had a chance to play with many betas lately, but I just downloaded 2.4, June 26th and had one request.  The ability to scale in the negative.

I had a model that imported backwards & I just wanted to scale it in the x by -100%.  I did find the flip function, but it'd still be nice to be able to scale in the negative in case I didn't want a complete 100% flip.

Thanks,

Paul

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 27, 2012, 05:00:54 pm
Hi Paulrus,

You can type in a negative scale offset.
For example.
If you want to scale your object -100% in Z, enable scale, then type in (in Z offset) -1
If you want to scale -50% in Z. type in (in z offset) -0.5

• Edge
July 27, 2012, 05:13:48 pm
I meant with the actual scaling tool.  If you try to go past 0 it just stops with a flat object.  I was trying to quickly scale my object to -100% by dragging the scale tool. 

To me it seems a little unintuitive to have to use a scale offset rather than just scale when scaling an object.

Thanks!

Paul

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 27, 2012, 05:35:58 pm
Ah, right.

Personally, I prefer the scale manipulator to stop at zero, as it makes it easy to use it for flattening.

• Edge
July 27, 2012, 05:44:17 pm
I think that's the Softimage part of me talking.  If I want something flat, I type 0 in the scale box, but if I just want to scale it to a negative or positive value & don't have to be perfect, I just use the manipulator.

Paul