News:

Topic: Measure Accurate Tools  (Read 3347 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 25, 2015, 03:02:56 pm
Hi IStonia,

I need this quite urgent so if someone has a workflow for this without the tool that would be awesome! Anyways just going to ask if it can be implemented here.

I need a tool that can deform a mesh or a spline with changing the measurement.

What I was going to do was make a cube and have it exactly at 150 meters in length and make a curve that has the same length. Next is I was going to bend the curve to make it a circle so that I could have a A to A curve. Then I would deform it when I have the circle, but then I realize that if I deform the spline manually without any guide it would break 150 meters length.

The tool I need is a tool that can indicate me of the length in the heads up display or have a constraint tool that would not let me deform the object to much that would break the 150 meters length. It would be fine if it can only be use with polygons or splines. and maybe also a caliper tool which would let me measure a certain parts of the object that are flat or can be measured with a static grid.

Thanks!
-Arvin.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:20:59 pm by arvin00 »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 25, 2015, 10:01:17 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Apr-29-15.rar

In the object list window, there is a length field for splines.

Also
Geometry > Create > Measure. In orthographic view, you can measure between mouse click points. In perspective view, you can measure between snap points.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 26, 2015, 04:02:02 am
Hi thanks for tools works perfect :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 26, 2015, 05:03:56 am
The "Spline lenght field" was already in the object list, and the measure tool was also already there. So what as changed in this update?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 26, 2015, 09:13:03 pm
The spline length was not presented to unit setting in object list window.