News:

Topic: 32bit startup on 64bit OS  (Read 3615 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 11, 2015, 06:52:25 am
Hi IStonia,

Currently, Nvil will start as 64bit on 64bit OS and 32bit on 32bit OS. Is there a way I can make Nvil start as 32bit on 64 bit OS?

As it is, I am seeing some issues that are possibly only related to 64 bit OS, but would like to verify.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 11, 2015, 10:27:00 am
That would require me to install Visual Studio or Windows SDK to obtain corflags.exe. I prefer not to install more bloat.

When will you have a 64bit OS so you can debug Nvil on that OS?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 11, 2015, 10:39:45 am
I don't know when I will be able to get a new PC.

You can tell us what the issues are so other users can test with their 64bit OS.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
April 12, 2015, 11:09:53 am
Well, I decided not to simply remove Nvil, as I would like to continue using it. So made search for the required SDK(s). It appears Microsoft still likes to take over a users PC by having the web installers, not something I will allow. So after a lot of searching I found an offline windows_sdk installer. Not surprisingly, the ISO had missing .exe files, so would not install. More searching and found the .net2 SDK offline installer. That installed OK.
On attempting to change Nvils assemblies to /32bit+, informed they are strong_named. So only way to change would be to "Force" but that would then require the assembly to be resigned before they will execute correctly.

So I have wasted several hours attempting something that cannot be done. Where you not aware of such a problem?

-----------------------

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:21:00 pm by steve »