News:

Topic: Streamline tool help  (Read 2440 times)

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 13, 2015, 06:11:21 pm
Hello. I would like to create a streamline tool that works in retopo mode. Basiclly I would like to have a relax and move brushes that I could use from there. So far I cant get it to work, It works everywhere else except retopo, even if i turn "Can be acitvated only when Retopo tool is on" option on. Does anyobody have a solution for this problem. My configuration process was limited to assigning left mouse button to brush relax function and adding a hotkey. I've also tried other options, but some of them are bit unclear to me right now. In any case I'm also attaching screenshot. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:13:47 pm by xenoox »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 13, 2015, 06:20:25 pm
Hi,

Using the "Alt" key will cause conflict (retopo uses various keys, none of those can be used for hotkey while in that mode).

I do not use retopo as such, but I know some of the keys to avoid:- Alt, Ctrl, Shift, A, C, D, S, X, W.

Try using just one key (not a combination) not currently used in your setup (or used by Retopo).

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 13, 2015, 07:09:48 pm
Thanks for reply Steve. I've tried various hotkeys, single and multi. Unfortunatelly None of them works in retopo. Besides retopo doesn't use to many hotkeys. I've found little workaround, enabling the this streamline tool for edge mode, but still I have to switch off retopo every time I want to use relax or move brush. Maybe there is something specific to retopology that doesn't allows brush based tools?

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 13, 2015, 07:35:47 pm
I've double checked the problem, created diffrent streamlined tool and it appears that it doesn't work either. Maybe there is some kind of trick to make it work.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 13, 2015, 07:37:02 pm
Hi xenoox,

I have just checked again, and not seeing a problem.

I set up the "I" key for hotkey, on an "All Modes" Streamline tool, and set (for mouse function keys):-
LMB Tool:  "Subobject Tools >> Paint select"
MMB Tool:  "Subobject Tool >> Brush Relax"
RMB Tool:  "Generic Tools >> Relax"

"Can be activated only when Retopo tool is on" enabled

All tools function while in Retopo mode.

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 13, 2015, 07:53:38 pm
Thank you, it works now. I guess the problem was that i choosed edge instead generic tool. cheers.