News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update Mar 23 2012  (Read 9703 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 23, 2012, 02:01:30 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-23-12.rar

Summary of changes:

* A bug is fixed which occured when duplicating object that has multi meshes which share the same materials.
  * Subd creasing is improved. The shape is better when two adjacent edges have different creasing weights.
  * Interpolation function is added to edge Crease Subd virsual tool. It generates creasing weights along a selected edge lines base on the creasing weights at both ends of the edge line. For detail, see Help > Contents > Modeling > Edge Section > Crease Subdivision > Interpolation. There is also an quivalent streamline basic tool, Crease_Subdivistion_Interpolate, under edge group.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > Edge Shortcut Tools > Copy Edge Subd Crease Weight/Paste Edge Subd Crease Weight.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 23, 2012, 04:07:00 pm
Wow, typical - out of dozens of requests Istonia chooses the most difficult one.  ;)
So we have more control over Edge-Weighting now - that's fantastic.
My problem is only that I do not quite get (also after reading the Help-Section and rebuilding the Model)how this is supposed to work. Did anyone of you guys already understand how this works exactly?

• Edge
March 23, 2012, 05:19:05 pm
Wow, typical - out of dozens of requests Istonia chooses the most difficult one.  ;)
So we have more control over Edge-Weighting now - that's fantastic.
My problem is only that I do not quite get (also after reading the Help-Section and rebuilding the Model)how this is supposed to work. Did anyone of you guys already understand how this works exactly?

I created creased edge, then selected end edge and gave it different crease value,
then selected the whole creased edge and adjusted bias. It creates interpolation between first and last selected edge. I found that bias at 0 gives nicest blend/interpolation.

I guess it could be made easier to operate, maybe have "start" and "end" values input along side bias slider. Or something like that.

I'm not sure if I understood it and used it correct either.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 23, 2012, 07:07:29 pm
Thanks Memag, that's odd though - I only have one Bias-Slider...
Probably the reason because I don't get it to work.

• Edge
March 23, 2012, 07:13:12 pm
Thanks Memag, that's odd though - I only have one Bias-Slider...
Probably the reason because I don't get it to work.

Bah, no! I just made a mockup of how it would be easier to use and understand, IMO.
I also have one bias and one crease slider. :)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 24, 2012, 12:53:29 pm
Attached a rough mockup of what in my point of view made most of sense (but probably also caused much, much work in implementing). Control would take place mostly through special Widgets interactively drawn and sliding on Edges.