News:

Topic: EULA - End User Licence Agreement  (Read 2512 times)

• Triangle
November 10, 2013, 06:28:16 pm
Since NVil still has no installer, one has to know where to find the Licence Agreement in order to accept it. You can find it in the help file. But I'll post its content here, I hope that's legally no problem.

Agreement
This Agreement ("Agreement") is between DigitalFossils Limited and You ("You") who purchases DigitalFossils Limited's software products. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of DigitalFossils Limited's software products. This Agreement explains DigitalFossils Limited's obligations to You and Your obligations to DigitalFossils Limited in relation to the software products you purchase from DigitalFossils Limited. This Agreement Explain the refund conditions.

You must read and understand with all the terms and conditions set in this Agreement after You have installed this product in your machine.

If you don't agree with this agreement, You must remove this product from your machine.

DigitalFossils Limited exclusively owns all copyrights to its products.

When You pay the registration fee, the product is not sold, You are not granted a permanent licence. You will be provided a registration key from DigitalFossils Limited which You can use to register the product to enable the disabled functions of the product in your local machine.

If you have paid the fee and a registration key has been provided to You and at least one successfull product registration has been made by using this key, the fee is not refundable.

If you have paid the fee and a registration key has been provided to You and no successfull product registration has ever been made by using this registration key, the fee is refundable. In such case, If You want a refund, You must contact DigitalFossils Limited and provide your personal details and the product registration key.

If you have paid the fee and the registration key can not be provided to you for any kind of reason, DigitalFossils will refund the fee back to you. You must contact DigitalFossils Limited and provide your personal details.

The registration key can not be shared between users.

The registration key You obtained from DigitalFossils can only be use to register products of the same name and same major version number as the product from which you initiate the registration.

DigitalFossils Limited's software products are distributed "as is". No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied. You use at your risk. DigitalFossils Limited will not be liable for data loss, damages, loss of profits or any kind of loss while using or misusing DigitalFossils Limited's software products.

DigitalFossils Limited reserves all rights not expressly granted here.

Install DigitalFossils Limited's software products signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions described in this Agreement.

As you can see, it's relatively short. I don't know much about the legal talk, but I found it kind of odd, that there's no explicit mention of "you are not allowed to reverse engineer" or "do not sell, rent etc.", although sharing is mentioned as not allowed. So in general it looks and reads quite different to the EULAs I have come across.
I would recommend to put the agreement as a text file into the archives, so it is more accessible and easier to notice.