News:

Topic: context specific Single Page Context-Menu  (Read 12173 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 16, 2012, 09:08:06 am
I personally do not like using Radial Menus, I've tried it, it just doesn't work for me.
Now I see that there's options to create individual pages, so that I could build a Context Menu
on my own.
But would it also be possible to make these Pages context sensitive - analogous to the behaviour of the Main-Menus when a certain Sub-Object-Type is active? I would like to show a Context Menu with just one Page which contains Sub-Object specific Commands and only maybe some options which apply in all contexts. Is this doable?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 16, 2012, 12:32:34 pm
yes this can be done with the radial menu system, you can just create a new menu and not put anything in the top radial menu section and just put items in the slots below the radial menu.

when making these menus you can make it context sensitivity to what selection type your in, so have differnt menus on the same key for vert, edge, face, mesh, and object selection levels.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 16, 2012, 12:37:38 pm
Cool. Many thanks for taking the time - I'll have a look but now need to run. I let you know how things worked out.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 16, 2012, 04:32:58 pm
Hmm, I just tried this out, I put some entries into mode-specific Menus but when I press MMB in the assigned Sub-Object-Modes nothing happens. Can you see from the Screenshot whats wrong? (there should not be other MMB actions which interfere with the Menu)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 17, 2012, 08:20:37 am
You need to set hotkeys for them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:22:29 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 17, 2012, 02:36:55 pm
You need to set hotkeys for them.

Hmm. I now set a Hotkey which was entirely free. I tried this together with MMB and Hotkey alone.
The Menu does not appear in both cases.
Apart from this: How would a User know that in this case Hotkeys are the correct way and not Mouse alone?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 17, 2012, 02:42:12 pm
works fine for me, i made a radial menu and set the hotkey to none than set mmb, and it worked fine.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 17, 2012, 06:44:06 pm
I can see it is a context sensitive menu. Did you try it in edge mode?

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 18, 2012, 02:42:24 pm
I can see it is a context sensitive menu. Did you try it in edge mode?
Having them context sensitive was my main wish. Yes of course I tried them with the respecive Subobject Selection-Mode active. But no avail.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 18, 2012, 07:22:42 pm
I will send you a debug version through email.