News:

Topic: Modelling  (Read 2954 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 24, 2013, 05:23:43 am
Anyone here help me modelling a triangle? what I want is to model a long curvy ramp with this, I can't really explain it well but I want to model this without losing the point of the triangle I tried using curves with this but when the triangle gets really curvy it losses it's angle it will start to rotate. Anyone here help me model this without it rotating.

Thank for the reply

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 24, 2013, 06:20:56 am
Hi arvin00,

If you have a triangle that needs to be deformed, you can try using the "Spline modify". But I am not sure what it is you are trying to make. Could you possibly give any more info?

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 24, 2013, 07:15:31 am
I am trying to make a game level for a mod in Counter Strike called "Surfing".

Something like this
http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/content/tf2/guidepics/surfguide/surfmap.jpg

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 24, 2013, 08:12:24 am
You should be able to do that with "Slide". If you do not want the triangle to rotate while it slides, you can place an axis constraint.
Is that what you are trying to do, or have you tried that?

Quick example:-

• Administrator
  • Polygon
June 24, 2013, 04:54:54 pm
slide tool is best for this, you make a spline in the shape of a triangle, which i would switch to line list mode, than you make a other spline at which it extrudes the first one across.

also just a note, source engine sucks at handling really big meshes, you might be best off to break it up in pieces and re-assemble it in hammer. Also when compiling for source you might have problems with collisions, since collision meshes much be convex.

Pernally i would use bsp and not a mesh for a surf map so you can dodge collisions problems, or build in lots of small sections, that are all convex.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:57:46 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 27, 2013, 07:10:15 am
thanks for the replies, the spline tool really helped me, can I ask something again, how do I edit the target spline while in slide mode? I tried pressing the "e" next to it but nothing happened, I also tried pressing ctrl to move it while "e" is pressed.

Thank you

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 17, 2013, 11:05:05 am
Hi arvin00,

Very sorry, I missed your last post/question.

When you press "E" that allows you to edit the vertex of the spline. So you need to select the vertex or multiple vertex then move/rotate/scale them as needed.