News:

Topic: Z/Y axis interchangeability?  (Read 3119 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 17, 2013, 09:42:17 pm
Hey, I'm new to the Nvil scene, I've been a Maya user for a couple years now as a student, and am looking into purchasing a nice, cheap modeling program.  Nvil looks very promising, and seems to be way more advanced in the modeling department than Maya.  But before I purchase it I'm wondering, is there a way to change the default 'up' axis to be the Z-axis instead of the y-axis?  Do I have to have the registered version to have access to that feature?  I'm sorry if this is already on the boards, I'm having no luck in finding it, and searching for Nvil related subjects doesn't result with useful info on google.

Thanks

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 18, 2013, 11:25:57 am
Hi mvolpa,

Please check > this thread <

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 18, 2013, 11:47:25 am
Hey, I'm new to the Nvil scene, I've been a Maya user for a couple years now as a student, and am looking into purchasing a nice, cheap modeling program.  Nvil looks very promising, and seems to be way more advanced in the modeling department than Maya.  But before I purchase it I'm wondering, is there a way to change the default 'up' axis to be the Z-axis instead of the y-axis?  Do I have to have the registered version to have access to that feature?  I'm sorry if this is already on the boards, I'm having no luck in finding it, and searching for Nvil related subjects doesn't result with useful info on google.

Thanks

Hi mvolpa
Do not let the lack of useful info on google discourage you. Nvil has been kind of in the shadows for a short while, hopefully that will be changing. Nvil is a powerful modeling application. As Nvil becomes more visible to the public there will be more tutorials and info.
 Also the help menu in Nvil has lots of info.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 18, 2013, 04:41:17 pm
Thanks for the quick responses, and problem solved, thanks for the link Steve!