News:

Topic: (WIP) Office block  (Read 4271 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 16, 2013, 01:08:05 am
I though I would try some architectural stuff in NVIL. Just starting with simple box modeling, building to scale (1 unit as 1 mm. Scene scale 10,000). If this goes OK, I will build more interesting buildings later.
I am adding detail as I may make close up renders (external/internal), but not sure yet. I do not like hard_edges when rendering, so insets added for support of visual smoothing.

Still a lot to do yet.
Quick render (I am playing with Luxrender openCL renderer)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 17, 2013, 08:00:12 pm
Found some time to get a bit more done.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
July 01, 2013, 01:37:28 am
Nice :) What renderer?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 07, 2013, 10:48:52 pm
What renderer?

Luxrender.

For the last few weeks (since I last posted to thread) I have spent all my spare time looking at various renderer's. Quite an interesting time.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
September 13, 2013, 03:46:56 pm
Hi steve, have you settled on a particular renderer since you posted this?

For myself, I'm most familiar with Lightwave and MODO. But I have been playing around with Cycles.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 13, 2013, 04:50:33 pm
Hi chikega,

Hi steve, have you settled on a particular renderer since you posted this?

Not really no. For my hobby stuff, I tend to swap/change and generally play about.

I have been mainly using Blender and its "Cycles" renderer, along with "Luxrender". But I also quite like "Yafaray" and have been using that a lot (its "direct lighting" and "Photon Mapping")

I did get trial versions of the latest "Lightwave" and "Modo", but have not had time to even install them yet.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
September 13, 2013, 07:42:55 pm
I remember playing with YafaRay and Luxrender quite a few years ago and neither supported SSS at the time which I needed for medical organic stuff. It appears that Luxrender has it now. So I might just have to give Luxrender another shot. YafaRay doesn't appear to have SSS still.