News:

Topic: APPLINK  (Read 5371 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 10, 2013, 02:48:56 am
I get that message after I press applink, it did not work by the way(applink). After that I restarted NVil and I still get that annoying message and it will not go away even after I press ok and restart NVil and I could not do anything. Please fix also applink problem when going to 3D Coat, when I press applink I get a error message "Failed to Save".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:50:29 am by arvin00 »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 10, 2013, 08:51:53 am
Try running NVil as administrator and see if the problem still there.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 10, 2013, 03:33:01 pm
I still see that pop up error, and I can't do anything with NViL:(

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 10, 2013, 06:44:31 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-09-13.rar

The error message will pop up only once.
It will output more detailed import/export error messages. Please let me know what they are.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 11, 2013, 03:39:04 am
Thanks for the fix it only shows 1 time now, It's still not importing to 3D-Coat. Here is an image about the error

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 11, 2013, 05:45:26 am
Can you try this to get more detailed error message
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-09-13.rar

Also, what is the error message that only pops up once? I have made it to out put more detailed message.

Don't expect I can experience the same problem on my end. I even don't have 3DCoat. So I have to rely on your feedback and the more information you provide the better.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 11, 2013, 05:50:40 am
I did use that version and it only gave that information sadly. But the error message only pop up once so I can use NVil again but without the applink. With previous version of NVil I had no problem with the applink.

EDIT : I tried doing it again and this showed up
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:52:11 am by arvin00 »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 11, 2013, 06:25:49 am
I see. Can you try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-09b-13.rar

Also can you check your 3D-Coat exchange folder name setting? File > 3D_Coat AppLink > 3D-Coat AppLink Settings > at the bottom. Something like "3D-CoatV3\Exchange".

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 12, 2013, 04:33:45 am
Still does not work.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 12, 2013, 05:33:22 am
Can you try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jun-09c-13.rar

Don't expect it is fixed because I am still looking for the trouble spot. I need all the error messages you receive.

Have you check your 3D-Coat exchange folder name setting as I asked for in the previous post? There is an error message from the one you provided says "The given path's format is not supported", so I suspect that the exchange folder name is wrongly set.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 12, 2013, 06:24:02 am
I read the error message and read carefully the destination folder, the destination folder automatically sets it on the Documents Folder, so the error in my setting is the "C:\" part. Now that I corrected it, no error message showed up but there is also no Meshes imported into 3D-Coat. Can't you download 3D-Coat to see what the problem is? It has a free version with no registration required.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 12, 2013, 06:44:24 am
I don't have time to download and test 3D-Coat and even if I did I may not have the same problem as you do. As what I know it works for some users.

You still haven't given me your 3D-Coat exchange folder name setting. And what is the error messages you have from the version I provide in my previous post. What is the "destination folder" you have corrected? What was it and what is your corrected one? It is possible you have made the format trouble free but the location may not be the one 3D-Coat expected.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 12, 2013, 09:13:41 am
Thank you for your reply, what I change is the Exchange folder path, as you can see in my previous post with the image the Exchange path is "C:\Applink" I change it into Applink. I don't see any error message now.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 12, 2013, 09:27:41 am
Ah, sorry I missed your settings in the image.

That's the problem. The default setting is "3D-CoatV3\Exchange". That's for version 3. If you use version 4, you need to change that to some thing like "3D-CoatV4\Exchange". Don't put in anything more as the program will complete the whole path internally.

• No avatar
  • Spline
June 12, 2013, 10:49:26 am
Oh sorry, I thought that even if I change it nothing would go wrong, I change it because I am trying not to use my C drive because it is for my OS, oh ok sorry about that and thanks for the replies.