News:

Topic: Changelog, What's New-Highlighting, Bugtracking  (Read 2401 times)

• Triangle
April 17, 2013, 02:38:07 pm
Nvil is evolving rapidly and sometimes it's difficult to keep an eye on what's changed and what's new. Some applications, like Autodesk's, have the ability to highlight the things that are new. I believe they put the menu entries in green brackets, if the option for highlighting of new features is activated. But Autodesk's products get an update every 6 months or so. Nvil on the other hand is getting updates on a daily basis, so one might skip some versions inbetween.

Is there any way possible inside the app to highlight changes and new features? I know the Version number doesn't change at all, what's kind of strange. So if it did change with an update, maybe there could be at least a change history as a txt file.

The latter would be fairly easy to do, it's just pasting the stuff, that is also posted on the forums when a new version is out.

IStonia, are you using a bugtracker at all? This could make project management much easier, issues get a number, description (Bug report), priority, dependences, status, maybe a timeframe/milestone and if they are solved, you may even put out a detailed changelog.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:08:27 am by Vaquero »

• Triangle
April 02, 2014, 05:26:11 am
I just wanted to get back on that last issue. Bugs keep getting reported and new feature requests are coming in all the time. I can imagine without the tools to manage that, it's difficult to keep track. A forum is hardly the right place to do one's own project management. So If you don't use one already, I'd suggest using a bugtracker. It will also give you an overview of the project, stats so to say. How many issues are there, how many new are coming in? How much are already fixed and closed? And importantly, you could also track how much time you spent on it.
Haven't used itmyself, but there's an open source solution: http://phabricator.org/ "Maniphest" is their task management system.