News:

Topic: NVil Update Apr 18 2013  (Read 2910 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 17, 2013, 01:42:02 pm
New Update
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Apr-18-13.rar

Summary of changes:

* Edit > Reference > Options > Track ball viewport rotation.
  * Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Spin View. Together with 'Rotate View' tool, 'Spin View' tool can be useful in track-ball style navigation.

Thanks!

• Triangle
April 17, 2013, 02:09:45 pm
The track ball viewport rotation is the default setting? I'd like it more, if turntable style was the default.
Also I can't get the new Spin View tool to work. How is it used? What should I expect? It also doesn't show up in the tools list of the radial menu setup window.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 17, 2013, 02:26:06 pm
The track ball viewport rotation is the default setting? I'd like it more, if turntable style was the default.
Also I can't get the new Spin View tool to work. How is it used? What should I expect? It also doesn't show up in the tools list of the radial menu setup window.

The new Spin View tool operation is the same as the Rotate View(Alt+LMB). It uses the camera direction as the spin axis to spin the view.

• Triangle
April 17, 2013, 02:59:38 pm
Thanks for the explanation.
Info for everyone: If you let go of the hotkey, but keep the mouse button pressed, so the tool stays active, you can use the shift key to snap the spin to horizontal/vertical.
It's also nice to use this tool in the orthographic views, so I won't have to toggle the view rotate/spin tool (pink circle) on and off.