News:

Topic: I think I disabled retopo create polygon somehow. [SOLVED]  (Read 2737 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 09, 2013, 08:35:01 pm
I'm not even getting the dotted line to come up when I click while using the retopo tool. I only have one object, none of my settings have changed, but it suddenly just stopped working. I even deleted the last few faces I added, and still it won't work.

I created a new scene and it works fine, it's just the file I'm working with that I'm having the issue. Is there something I'm missing to make it work again?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:40:48 pm by gerafin »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 09, 2013, 08:42:48 pm
Can you send me the file to info@digitalfossils.com? Did you use the visual 'Retopo' tool?

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 09, 2013, 08:51:19 pm
Just sent the file out.

Yeah, I was using the visual retopo tool. I'm really new to 3d modeling, which is why I feel like it might be my stupid mistake and not a bug.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 09, 2013, 09:20:56 pm
You have two meshes in your object. To check this, select the object, go to mesh mode, Geometry > Mesh List.

You need to split the two meshes into two objects. Go to object mode, Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Split. After that, you can select the two objects then combine them into one object with only one mesh, Geometry > Combine(Merge Meshes).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:26:04 pm by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 09, 2013, 09:40:20 pm
That did the trick! Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I'm becoming more of an nvil fan every minute.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 09, 2013, 09:56:26 pm
I notice that you have some inverted polygons and they may not be intended and need to be fixed.

1. Change the Back Face Color to Blue or somthing to make it more visible, Edit > Preference > Colors > Object Colors > Back Face Color.
2. Check 'View > Object Shading > Back Face In Gray'. You shall be able to spot those inverted polygons.
3. Go to polygon mode and select those polygons.
4. Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Flip Polygon Facing.

• No avatar
  • Spline
April 09, 2013, 11:05:42 pm
you could also turn on backface culling. My self I work without backface culling but it can be useful sometimes.