News:

Topic: screen recording software  (Read 29779 times)

• Triangle
August 13, 2014, 01:55:59 pm
I just quickly wanted to let you know, that for further editing of video footage there seems to be another great application called Davinci Resolve Lite.
The Lite Version is free and in its version 11 now supports editing. I haven't tried it yet, bacause I have more than enough to do with other stuff nowadays. But from the looks of it, it seems to be capable of things that Lightworks was not (also Lightworks wasn't that pleasant to use when I tried it), like adding titles, compositing.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 13, 2014, 08:24:20 pm
I just quickly wanted to let you know, that for further editing of video footage there seems to be another great application called Davinci Resolve Lite.
The Lite Version is free and in its version 11 now supports editing. I haven't tried it yet, bacause I have more than enough to do with other stuff nowadays. But from the looks of it, it seems to be capable of things that Lightworks was not (also Lightworks wasn't that pleasant to use when I tried it), like adding titles, compositing.
Thanks for the info Vaquero.
I on the other hand like Lightworks a lot. It's very sleek once you get the hang of it. Too bad they removed image sequence import/export from the free version. What a bummer. :(
In what fields do you think Davinci is better than Lightworks?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 10, 2015, 07:16:14 pm
Guys at Mirillis made two improvements:
They added a support for Nvidia NVENC, so you can encode stuff even faster than before.
Also, what's more important, they introduced 30bpp desktop recording. This finally eliminates the problem with weird colour shift. :D

• Triangle
July 05, 2015, 07:31:54 pm
I have been looking at OBS (Open Broadcast Software). It is an open source project.

It is a bit heavy on the CPU on my setup, but it is encoding directly to MP4 @30 fps on HD1080.

I have not seen it cause issue with NVIL and the capture quality is quite good from testing.

http://obsproject.com/index

I did have a short look on OBS. Don't know if it is a recent development, but it seems to use the GPU in some way. What I like about it is, that you can make it record a specific window or a region of it and it keeps recording this window, even when you switch your focus somewhere else (have another window in front of it). Haven't tried the scenes switch yet, but might also come in handy.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 06, 2015, 07:10:56 pm
I did have a short look on OBS. Don't know if it is a recent development, but it seems to use the GPU in some way. What I like about it is, that you can make it record a specific window or a region of it and it keeps recording this window, even when you switch your focus somewhere else (have another window in front of it). Haven't tried the scenes switch yet, but might also come in handy.
The newest version of Mirillis Action! utilizes NVENC, and its blazing fast. When recording @1920x1080 desktop video it consumes close to none of CPU and GPU Core resources on my system, maybe 1-2% per each resource. I'm working on a 3930K with GTX660Ti.
And. you can record a custom sized window too.
It's not free, but I bought it 2 years ago and I still receive free updates, so it was a very good purchase.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:46:09 pm by rubberDuck »