News:

Topic: Some Forum-wishes  (Read 8481 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 13, 2013, 09:58:51 am
Please display pictures to all visitors:
When not logged in one can not see any image-attachment to posts.
One can download the application just by browsing the forums but not see pictures.
I don't see a point in that restriction.

Please introduce some mechanism to filter for recent posts, from all subforums.
Also this should work without having to log in.

Thanks!

• Triangle
February 13, 2013, 11:54:23 am
I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but if I am not logged in, I can't use the search function of the forum. The form wouldn't recognize the capture code. It just says I have to enter the code, even if I had correctly and I get nowhere with the search. This was kind of the reason why I registered in the first place. ^^

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 13, 2013, 09:44:12 pm
ya will look into it, the reason why there is captcha on the search is so bots don't rack up bandwidth and queries on the sql database on me. but i got other methods in place to stop bots now so can remove that captcha when i got time.

will also set images to viewable by users and guests even know i would prefer people stick with linked images.

might take me a day or two to get time to look at these things since im working multiple jobs atm.

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 14, 2013, 08:14:23 am
Thanks!
One note on linked images:
It of course saves webspace but typically after a while linked images go missing which makes older threads mostly useless...

• Triangle
February 15, 2013, 10:34:43 am
Please introduce some mechanism to filter for recent posts, from all subforums.
Also this should work without having to log in.

Even when not logged it, on the main page I see this at the bottom:
"View the most recent posts on the forum."

Do you mean that it should be possible to only see most recent posts in one of the subforums?