News:

Topic: Blendshapes or Endomporphs  (Read 7487 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
May 13, 2013, 01:28:20 pm
Hi polyxo,

I have 2 heads, one is the base(state 1), one is the morph target(state 2).

The morph target needs to be set as "Morph Target", that is done by going into the "Scene Explorer", right click on the obj and select "Set as Morph Target".

Select the base shape(state 1). Go into sub_object vertex and select all the vertex on the object.
Enable "Tweak" and select "Morph"

The "Tweak UI" can be found either in the "Visual Tools"-> Sub_object vertex -> Tweak
OR
The command to bring up the UI is in the "Edit-> Customize-> Tools-> Vertex shortcut tools-> Tweak"

In the Tweak UI-> Morph:- you can enable "Use cursor to apply" LMB+drag to morph the object. [Note: The "Weight" setting will determine how quickly the LMB+drag will morph the object, small number slow, high number fast.]

Hope that helps.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:38:18 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 13, 2013, 04:12:13 pm
Hi Steve,
thanks for taking the time for screenshots and explanations! So you need two heads...
I would have expected such a tool to work quite differently and just with a single piece of geometry.

Create a cube, inside the Scene Explorer save it as State 1, drag some vertices around, call that one state 2 etc. I also don't know why the concept got exposed only on vertex level. It should be equally fine to drag faces or edges (with any tool not just within "tweak vertices", even if it (as many other tools effectively works on vertices).
My 2 cents at least...

• No avatar
  • Polygon
May 14, 2013, 12:11:05 pm
Hi polyxo,

I would have expected such a tool to work quite differently and just with a single piece of geometry.
It does start with just one. But a copy is needed to make the morph target. You can always hide the morph target if preferred.

Create a cube, inside the Scene Explorer save it as State 1, drag some vertices around, call that one state 2 etc. I also don't know why the concept got exposed only on vertex level. It should be equally fine to drag faces or edges (with any tool not just within "tweak vertices", even if it (as many other tools effectively works on vertices).
When creating the morph target, you can use tools to move polygons/edges or vertex. It is only when using the morph tool (morphing between the 2) is it a case of having to be in vertex mode.

• Edge
    • 3ddmd
May 15, 2013, 07:10:56 pm
Amazing! Thank you for adding that feature :)