News:

Topic: Rearranging viewport messes up main window  (Read 11766 times)

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
December 04, 2011, 02:56:55 pm
I was trying to rearrange the viewport to be the way I wanted it, but the main (quad windows) section ended up totally screwed up and there was no way to fix it.

Basically I ended up with the quad windows smashed at the bottom of the screen, with a huge empty space above them.  There was no way to move them up to fill in the blank space.

Using reset fixed the issue, but it still seems like a bug to me.

Paul

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 04, 2011, 07:30:38 pm
Can you show the problem in a picture? What is the 'reset' you have used?

• Edge
December 05, 2011, 09:54:46 pm
I would love to, but now the problem is - I only have a perspective window and I can't figure out how to get the quad window back.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 06, 2011, 01:00:41 am
try View > Mini/Maximize Viewport. The default key is Space and it is cursor position sensitive so the viewport under cursor will be maximized.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:04:51 am by IStonia »

• Edge
December 06, 2011, 10:59:01 am
Here's an example of the viewport being messed up.  You can see the quad windows have been smashed to the side of the screen.  Previously they were smashed at the bottom of the screen in the same way.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 07, 2011, 06:41:47 am
Yeah, it is a bug. I am not able to reproduce it. Can you tell me the steps? Also, what is the way you used to reset it?

• Edge
December 07, 2011, 10:12:40 am
All I did was drag the windows around to rearrange them.  Sometimes it messes up the viewport, but sometimes it doesn't.  The screen shot I uploaded was a different problem than the first time, but similar.

The way I fixed it was just to go to View - Windows - Reset.

Thanks!

Paul

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 08, 2011, 01:06:12 am
I will create a special debug version to fix this and the 3D-Coat detect problems. Please give me some time.

Right now, can you move the cursor over the viewport border or the center of the four viewports then right click once the cursor changed. If that works it 'd better than reset all the dockable windows.
Or you can resize one of the dockable windows and see if it fixes.
Please let me know the test result.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:41:45 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 03, 2012, 08:55:34 am
paul: I think I may have fixed the problem in the new update. Please confirm.

• Edge
January 03, 2012, 12:57:30 pm
Looks good so far.  I haven't been able to reproduce the error.

However, one thing I'm noticing (which is a cosmetic issue) is that things like the Scene Editor, Visual Tools, etc., must be a very specific size or they get scroll bars.  I was trying to build a 2 monitory layout where I have the 4 panel main workspace on one monitor, then I've torn off all the other windows and tried arranging them on a 2nd monitor (not docked, but floating so I can arrange them the way I want).

What I noticed is, the Scene editor has to be huge or you get scroll bars, the visual tools has to be narrow and tall, the Math Selection/Soft Selection/etc. window has tabs at the bottom I can't read, but if I make it wider, the tools at the top don't scale with the window but are stuck to the upper left corner.

EDIT:  The Materials window can never be sized to get rid of the scroll bars.  No matter how big I make it, when it's undocked it always has scrollbars.

It'd be nice if those could all be cleaned up so they would resize properly.

Thanks!

Paul
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:00:42 pm by paulrus »