News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update Nov 12 2012  (Read 6794 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
November 12, 2012, 09:18:32 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Nov-12-12.rar
Note: If the app failed to run, it is likely the msvcr71.dll is missing in your system.

Summary of changes:

* Some improvement and bug fixings in spline related operations.
  * Icon set is updated.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
November 12, 2012, 12:17:55 pm
Hey Istonia.  I'm still using and loving Nvil. 

Something seems to have gone wrong with selection in this version or maybe a recent iteration of Nvil.

It happens when trying to select loops by double clicking in the viewport on the model.  Haven't tried any of the menus or other streamline tools yet.

I don't have time to write up a proper bug report yet but just thought I'd give you a heads up.  I'll try and pin it down to which version it happened with and give you more details later when I have more time.

Senior 3D Artist

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 12, 2012, 03:30:56 pm
can you explain what the issue is , i tested on the latest verison, and the double lmb loop, and partial loop work fine as well as the double mmb ring and partial ring.

even the face loops, and hte area select work fine too.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
November 12, 2012, 04:51:53 pm
It may just have been the model I was working on.  I've noticed this a number of times while working with Voidworld that sometimes the issues are based on the geometry artifacts that Voidworld can create.  I'm not just talking about non-manifold geometry but sometimes it's an issue with the Normals or something else inherent within the construction of the mesh.

This particular issue was while building a hand model and doubleclicking to select a ring of polys resulted in some of the polys becoming unselected.  This was happening on various parts of the model but on other parts the rings were selecting fine so I know the tool does work.

I haven't got time for any screenshots today unfortunately.
Senior 3D Artist