News:

Topic: Forums and Struture.  (Read 19701 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 09, 2011, 08:54:27 pm
Just wanting to know if anyone would like other boards or categories added to the site, and what people would like to do about admins and moderators. Should we add a few now or just wait and see what happens and add them when we start needing them

really this thread is a free for all for any suggestion regarding these fourms.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:10:02 am by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
September 11, 2011, 04:45:36 pm
Hey Passerby not sure if this is a little premature but thought it might be a good idea if you setup a section where people could post any work they've created in VW.  Could be a great place to show and share ideas that could feed into the development.

I understand if you want to keep it streamlined around here at the moment so maybe just a What are you working on..'
Senior 3D Artist

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2011, 04:49:40 pm
hmm a whole section for that or maybe just a huge thread like "What Are You Working On? 2011 Edition!" on polycount?

if were going to do just a thread for what people are working on anyone can start that in this section i guess but if your thinking of a whole section for it i would wait till there are more users since i don't want to make a section that i feel wont be filled with threads.

whats your angle or idea about this?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:01:54 pm by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
September 11, 2011, 05:07:22 pm
I was thinking of just a single polycountesque 'What are you working On? 2011 Edition' type of thread where people just art dump stuff. Can't imagine it filling up as quickly as the polycount one really.  Not at this stage anyway.
Senior 3D Artist

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 11, 2011, 05:11:59 pm
ya if you got anything on the go just make it and post it in than.

i got some stuff for a udk scene im working on that i used VW for all my HP and LP modeling, that i will post up once i get some more stuff done.

if we do that there prolly should be mention to what parts were done in VW on the art dumps, since in most cases VW will olny be used for part of the workflow.

i also got a list of feature requests that im going ot make some vids to illustrate that i will be putting up to populate the feature request section in the coming days.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:15:35 pm by Passerby »

• Vertex
September 12, 2011, 05:02:05 pm
These forums are fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to put them together!
-ShaneO
Cheers,
-ShaneO

• No avatar
  • Vertex
September 13, 2011, 10:39:48 am
A WIP section might be handy, then congrats, or constructive criticisms can be offered as well as particular question, ie:  how did you do this particular action or that action etc,

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 13, 2011, 11:13:40 am
didn't make a whole WIP section yet since we dont got that many people making content with VW but i do got a thread in the VW discussion area for WIP's and anything people may want to show off.

http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,9.0.html

• No avatar
October 17, 2011, 08:24:49 am
Passerby, I think you there's typo error in fourms, It should be forums. Tiny matter but would affect your SEO.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 17, 2011, 11:15:21 am
Thanks didn't notice that typo, should be fixed now.

• No avatar
October 18, 2011, 04:25:17 am
Passerby, can we get quick reply 'on' by default?

And also I notice a bug in quick reply column where the width is too long

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 18, 2011, 11:01:27 am
ya if i get time today to take a close look i will see if i can fix the css and formating and the quick reply and enable it by default.

edit: got it's width set and fixed, and will later add the jquery for adjustable height, that the full editor has.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:10:14 am by Passerby »

• No avatar
October 18, 2011, 01:42:35 pm
Thanks, working as expected!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 25, 2011, 11:41:17 am
does anyone got ideas for what they would like to see the voidworld site to be like, in the coming few weeks im going to move it to it's own domain, and write a new style for the forums and maybe make a site too.

so what kinda features do people want, and want kinda look and feel.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 23, 2013, 05:55:37 pm
Can you to add the spoiler-tag [spoiler], please?

I find two plugins:
 http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50261.0
 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3178

Why?

I watch a new messages like this - http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php?action=recent
When users made a post with pictures then i get a very big sheet.

p.s. Close the thread "What Are You Working On? 2011 Edition!".  Later on then you will create a sub-category WIP/Finish, will be easy move a separate thread in new sub-category.
And better to create a sub-category "Your Work (WIP/Finish" in NVILL Discussion, now - will not be flashed before my eyes, but will be a new section =)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:02:59 pm by molebox »
Sorry for my bad english. Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand me :-)