News:

Topic: Bones  (Read 7665 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 30, 2012, 02:02:03 am
Hello,

I remember seeing a thread stating that some functions had been removed from using bones (I think it was attached mesh to bones). Are the "Bones" in NVIL being developed or being removed?
I only ask, as I have still not looked at the "bone" implementation, and will not do so if they are being removed or not developed.

Thanks,

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 30, 2012, 02:48:43 am
Skinning functions are no longer available. But you still can create bones in bone mode and attach mesh to bones. One bone can only hold one mesh.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 30, 2012, 03:52:32 am
OK, thanks,

Unfortunately, 5 minutes into trying out the Bones, on an "Undo" Fatal error.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 30, 2012, 04:54:06 am
Can you reproduce the error?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 31, 2012, 01:09:54 pm
I will have another look at the "Bones" later in the week, and see if I can reproduce the error.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 27, 2014, 05:55:56 pm
Can I inquire about the removal of skinning from NVil (or maybe it was still VoidWorld back then)? I'm simply curious. Have IStonia decided that this feature isn't necessary in pure modelling program, or was there some other reason?

Also, if bones were dropped, why we can still them? They don't seem to have any impact on objects, apart of the root bone and its first child both of which transform whole object.

P. S. I also experienced the above exception once. And indeed, it has something to do with Undo stack and creation of new bones.

• Triangle
February 02, 2014, 08:23:31 pm
The way I understood it the bones represent the mesh hierarchy. I once ran into problems with mirroring and it turned out, that it had to do with the bones. I don't find it that intuitive to use them for things relating to pivot points. Hence, I've already forgotten what the problem was exactly.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 03, 2014, 01:23:54 pm
I see. Well in that case they're something different than I thought.
Could turning their UI off (Edit->Preferences->Options->Hide mesh and bone mode UI) lead to any problems?