News:

Topic: Clipboard Pasting DAE files  (Read 1263 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
July 16, 2023, 05:30:13 pm
Hello!

Is there a way to paste clipboard depending on its file type, when pasting clipboard there are only paste and paste replace, is it possible to add paste(dae) or paste(fbx).

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 16, 2023, 08:46:56 am
When doing paste action, Nvil will check the file's type then create the object according to the type of file if it's one of the supporting formats, obj/fbx/dae/...

• No avatar
  • Spline
September 23, 2023, 10:51:23 pm
Hello!

Yes I understand that, I actually made my addon on blender to make a DAE file on the clipboard folder of nvil, my problem is that nvil default pasting is OBJ so I have to copy a DAE file on nvil before I could copy my file from blender. It would be great to get some paste options like how it is with copy.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 05, 2023, 07:44:53 am
Did you write file path into Windows clipboard in your addon?

If you do these in Nvil

1. Select an object in scene.
2. File > Clipboard > Copy (dae).

Then open a text editor and right click > paste. You will see text in the clipboard look like this,
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\Media\Clipboard\ClipboardDae.dae

This is the file path information needed for Nvil to use for paste action. The file can be any supported formats(obj/dae/fbs...). The filename and path can be anything you like.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
October 08, 2023, 10:28:42 pm
Hello,

I got similar problem, when I first launch Nvil, the clipboard folder is empty (C:\Users\miica\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\Media\Clipboard), and I want to bring object from Maya to Nvil, I export the object to the folder (C:\Users\miica\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\NVil\Media\Clipboard\ClipboardObj.obj), then I use File > Clipboard > Paste, and got this error:

Sorry.. as soon as I post this, I realized how Nvil clipboard copy paste work, it reads the path from clipboard instead of checking on the clipboard folder. I have always thought that it reads from the clipboard folder and I wrote all my Maya, Blender and Zbrush script based on that wrong assumption. That's pretty cool, to be able to paste any object not relying on the folder location but the path in clipboard. I will rewrite my scripts instead.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 10:52:18 pm by miica »