News:

Topic: UV Unwrap Change  (Read 2893 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 08, 2020, 07:54:36 pm
1 It is necessary to make sure that it can work simultaneously on the selected polygons as in the picture.

2 Is it possible to make gizmo differ even in color in free movement?

Different arrows appear for moving or scaling.
If part of the sweep is on a dense grid as they all merge now and it is not very convenient to immediately understand moving up or to the left will work.
They are not visible in the screenshot.
The stroke of the selected should be more greasy so that it does not merge with the rest of the grid. Since it looks more like a 3ds max design there, it is bright and always clearly visible.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:32:15 pm by Ghostil1 »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
July 08, 2020, 09:11:24 pm
Ghostil1,

While in my opinion NVil is one of the best dedicated modelers on the market, its tools for UV unwrapping are pretty much nonexistent. My friendly advice is to save yourself the frustration by leaving UVs to other programs.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 09, 2020, 06:14:32 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-09-20.rar
Wow.
Now it’s much more convenient to move the parts.
The insert also now works as expected for any selection of polygons.

Is it also possible to improve the scanning performance by adding the highlight option for the selected polygon as it was done in the 3D view with the further task of color selected polygons? Ideally, this should have a color transparency setting as it was done in the same blender to select polygons. This function should be disabled in the settings for those who do not need it.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 09, 2020, 06:23:50 pm
I reviewed many 3D packages, it is strange that this program is little known, and in terms of functionality there is much to it, not everything is the same as in all large and expensive programs and it works just as well. The most interesting thing is that the developer even tries to add options that can improve the work of the program for people while large developers are unlikely to listen to users. I really like it.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
July 10, 2020, 11:58:52 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-10-20.rar

View > Show polygon selection color.

You can change the polygon color in, Options > Preference.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 10, 2020, 09:10:30 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jul-10-20.rar

View > Show polygon selection color.

You can change the polygon color in, Options > Preference.

Cool everything works.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
July 10, 2020, 09:26:05 pm
Ghostil1,

While in my opinion NVil is one of the best dedicated modelers on the market, its tools for UV unwrapping are pretty much nonexistent. My friendly advice is to save yourself the frustration by leaving UVs to other programs.
To work with the scan, here all the basic options are practically the same as in the 3D max. Maybe some specific options have not been added yet, but standard sweeps can be done like elsewhere.