News:

Topic: A few subobject selection features and some other feature requests  (Read 2398 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
March 21, 2019, 06:52:52 am
Hi IStonia,

I gathered quite a bit of feature requests, sorry to put them all into one thread, let me know if I should create new threads for some of these.

1. Shrink Selection can also shrink from border

2. Vertex partial loop select on border vertices

Currently trying to select a partial vertex loop on vertices on the border will result in selecting vertices of the whole island.

3. Chamfer Vertex round corners

4. Select Similar Facing able to adjust threshold with WMB
Select Similar Facing (Connection Only) has the ability to adjust threshold with WMB, hope Select Similar Facing can also do the same.

5. Selection of Edge/Vertex loop at border continue at corners/poles

6. Fix Inset intersections

I think this will be really nice to have.

7. Having Customize Composite Tools under Composite Tools :)
(will makes it a bit more convenient to access)

8. A way to deselect from Paint Select

9. Improve rotate tool to rotate by clicking anywhere inside the blue line

10. Linear Duplicate also for faces

11. Select Shortest Path between two subobjects

Questions:

I also have a question about Loop Tidy Mid Position strength adjust

Loop Tidy Mid Position:    By default, the relax strength to be used is the default relax strength. But if streamline tool option hotkey(default: Space) is pressed while performing this operation through a streamline tool, the relax strength will be set as the value of cursor viewport horizontal position divided by viewport width, and the default strength will also change to the strength being used.

I have setup a streamline tool to run Loop_Tidy_EdgeMidPosition. When I activate the tool, and then press Space, or hold Space, it relax the same, I am not sure how to adjust the strength.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 22, 2019, 09:58:26 am
Questions:

I also have a question about Loop Tidy Mid Position strength adjust

Loop Tidy Mid Position:    By default, the relax strength to be used is the default relax strength. But if streamline tool option hotkey(default: Space) is pressed while performing this operation through a streamline tool, the relax strength will be set as the value of cursor viewport horizontal position divided by viewport width, and the default strength will also change to the strength being used.

I have setup a streamline tool to run Loop_Tidy_EdgeMidPosition. When I activate the tool, and then press Space, or hold Space, it relax the same, I am not sure how to adjust the strength.

Press down Space key, then control your cursor position when click. If cursor position close to viewport left, the weight will be close to 0. If cursor close to right, the weight will be close to 1.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
March 22, 2019, 12:36:51 pm
Thanks!

Now I see some difference, but I think it relaxes quite fast too when my mouse is on the left. The non-streamline version works for me if I want to relax slower.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 24, 2019, 08:07:59 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Mar-24-19.rar

You can use this basic streamline tool, Loop_Tidy_EdgeMidPosition.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
March 24, 2019, 12:16:17 pm
Hey, that relax much more smoother now, previously it's a bit jumpy and rather quick.. thanks!  :)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 28, 2019, 10:55:35 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Apr-28-19.rar

1. Done.
2. Done.
3. Done.
4. Done.
5. You can double click the pole vertex. Also, Edit > Preference > Optons 2 > Selection > Double LMB Click For Hole Selection.
6. You can use the "Scale" inset option. I can't see any other better solutions.
7. Done.
8. I am not sure what it means. Can you explain more. Is it path pain selection or brush selection? Does it work if you depress the Exclude selection hotkey when doing selection.
9. Done.
10. "Linear Duplicate" is improved. It can also duplicate selected polygons in polygon mode.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
April 28, 2019, 01:43:24 pm
Wow... Thank you so much IStonia!

It was quite a surprise for me that you did nearly all of them  :-* :-* :-*

I will be checking out these soon, especially looking forward to see how the rotate tool will perform  ;D

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • White-creatures
May 07, 2019, 01:28:00 pm
Hey IStonia,

Sorry for replying late, I am still quite busy with some jobs, but just want to let you know most the implementations are working great, I really appreciate these additional features. I haven't have chance to use too much of the new features yet, I also have some inputs on the rotate tool (and scale tool) but really need to finish up my jobs first, I will come back to write about it later.

2. Vertex partial loop select on border vertices
(Working great!)

8. A way to deselect from Paint Select
Please ignore this, I just found out that I can map a key to "Exclude Selection" and use it to deselect when I Paint Select.

I am still using Nvil almost everyday for my poly modeling :)

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 08, 2019, 01:52:45 am
Thanks miica! it's ok for me. Just take your time.