News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update October 13 2011  (Read 8330 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 13, 2011, 10:05:06 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-oct-13-11.rar

Summary of changes:

* A vertex display bug is fixed.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Edge
    • my blog - sculpting
October 13, 2011, 11:22:35 am
Thanks! Works ok now.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 13, 2011, 01:07:00 pm
@JoseConseco should i mark this thread
http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,48.0.html
as fixed than?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 13, 2011, 10:54:08 pm
Istonia you got a typo in this release, in the Manipulation Panel, the 2 drop-down menus you got "Orientation" spelled as "Orienation", and in the dropdown menu "World" is Spelled as "Wrold"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:02:16 pm by Passerby »

• Vertex
October 18, 2011, 05:01:46 pm
Good news IStonia! You are right, there's about a 20% increase in speed!

I keep testing your latest builds with the same initial model of mine so that the testing remains consistent. Currently with the model subdivided and wire displayed on model,  the camera will spin a lot faster, but there's a hiccup right when you initiate the spin/translate/zoom of the camera. If all of the pieces of the model are selected (active), there is a significant drop in response when manipulating the camera.

Also, if you already have wire on shaded model, and you initiate sub-d preview, it takes quite a long time to turn on the sub-d's.

I have asked other rendering programmer friends of mine if they had any ideas, and they said they would need to see the code, and that it would take a while to get to the bottom of (and they don't have the time unfortunately). I'm still trying to help where I can. Please don't get discouraged! You are making great progress. I'll keep racking my brain, and testing build for you on my end!

Cheers,
-ShaneO
Cheers,
-ShaneO