News:

Topic: VoidWorld Update Sep 20 2012  (Read 7349 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 20, 2012, 11:00:52 am
new update.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Sep-20-12.rar
Note: If the app failed to run, it is likely the msvcr71.dll is missing in your system.

Summary of changes:

* View > Display > Heads Up Display > Show View Size.
  * Two bugs in object grouping are fixed.
  * Sorting abilities are added to 'Scene Explorer > Object List'.
  * Input fields in 'Scene Explorer > Object List' are moved to 'Manipulation Input' Window.
  * Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Freeze Object Orientation.
  * -+*/() are all supported in numerical input.
  * In object mode, f manipulator position setting is set to 'Object', selection bounding box center will be used. If it is set to 'Selection' or 'Parent', object pivot will be used as before.
  * Scene Explorer right click > Group Pivot > Align to Group Bounding Box Center.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 26, 2012, 12:54:32 am
Hi IStonia,

* In object mode, f manipulator position setting is set to 'Object', selection bounding box center will be used. If it is set to 'Selection' or 'Parent', object pivot will be used as before.

I am curious as to the reason for that change. The Pivot position is not consistent for "Pivot Position-> object", and not consistent for "Pivot Position-> selection"

If I set "Pivot Position-> Object" then in sub-object selection or mesh selection, the pivot location is shown at the objects pivot set position, but in object selection mode, the pivot moves to the object bounded box center.

If I set "Pivot position-> Selection" then in sub-object selection or mesh selection, the pivot location is shown at the bounded box center, but in object selection, the pivot is shown at the objects pivot set position.

Should it not be consistent? in that when in "Pivot position-> Object", the pivot location should be seen at the objects set pivot location? Then in "Pivot position-> Selection" it would show at bounded box center?

There also appears to be an inconsistency with "Pivot Position-> Parent", in sub_object selection, with multiple sub_objects selected (even spanning multiple selected objects), the parent pivot location is the (first selected)objects set Pivot location. But with multiple objects selected(in object selection mode), the parent is center of objects pivot points, whereas, I would of though it should be seen at the "first object selected" set pivot point as with the sub_object selections.