News:

Topic: Paste Custom Primitives/Meshes  (Read 7538 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 13, 2018, 11:43:20 pm
PS: i noticed:

NVil-Jan-13-18 i cant load any "objs" anymore.

NVil-Jan-11-18 everything works fine

Try this and see if fixed.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jan-14-18.rar

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
January 14, 2018, 07:22:18 pm
Hi,

i was about to send you obj, but you fixed it already :) Its working now.
The bug was if i created simple object , save als obj. Then File>Open Scene and load the obj.
The obj wasn't loaded. But its fixed now. Thanks a lot.

To the pasting 1,2,3...:

I still dont get it. Here screenshot of my Stremline tool. (See pic 1)

If i press 7 (in my case) it creates object that i copied from library . If i keep 7 hold down during creation, i can change the size that's right. But if i press 1,2,3 in addition nothing happens..

I even tried this by complete removing all my preset files and started with "clean" nvil , created the streamline tool again and have still same behavior. :-\

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 14, 2018, 08:48:57 pm
Hi Woolfy,

You should use the new streamline basic tool "Paste object".

Example.

Setup streamline tool (see pic)

open library, copy object.
press hotkey for the new streamline tool
Move mouse cursor over snap/position for object paste. Press/hold down mouse button (LMB for this example)
Keep mouse button pressed down, and release hotkey.
Moving mouse will scale object. Pressing number 1,2,3 will rotate object, release mouse button when done.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
January 14, 2018, 09:09:06 pm
Ahh now i have it!!Works nice..

The definition of the "basic tools" : that are those tools what i can apply to the mouse buttons in the right upper corner of the Stream Line Tools editor? Right ?
Because i was struggling to understand first what "basic" means. I thing now i understood..

Thanks a lot for help!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:17:54 pm by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 15, 2018, 09:53:36 am
Hi Woolfy,

The definition of the "basic tools" : that are those tools what i can apply to the mouse buttons in the right upper corner of the Stream Line Tools editor? Right ?

Yes.

• No avatar
  • Edge
April 21, 2020, 01:35:47 pm
Can't seem to make this work. I have my streamline tool hotkey assigned to LMB Tool > Generic Tools >> Paste Object, I copy the object (Object Library/Hierarchy/Clipboard) and try to paste with Paste Object streamline tool but nothing happens. I tried also dragging and scaling but there is just no object being pasted.

Am I doing something wrong or maybe the tool got broken?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 22, 2020, 04:48:16 am
Did you copy the object in the correct way? You need to do it through context menu in either the Object Library window or the Object Hierarchy window. I don't understand what this is: (Object Library/Hierarchy/Clipboard). Why does "Clipboard" appear here. There is nothing to do with clipboard.

When you do the paste, make sure "Snapping" is enabled and a snapping item is detected under the cursor.

• No avatar
  • Edge
April 23, 2020, 06:25:13 am
Works good, didn't have snapping enabled! Thanks!
Is it possible to make it paste from clipboard as well?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 23, 2020, 06:48:37 am
Is it possible to make it paste from clipboard as well?

Why do you want this?

• No avatar
  • Edge
April 23, 2020, 09:31:20 am
Often I would load kitbash models into a separate scene and clipboard copy and then clipboard paste in the working scene. Having option to paste on snapping point would be awesome to speed up process of aligning and moving models around the scene.

Also cool alternative to use explorer and just quickly go ctrl+c and then paste to snapping point.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 23, 2020, 01:00:37 pm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:02:27 pm by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Edge
April 30, 2020, 07:52:55 am
Awesome, works! One thing I noticed is if you do clipboard copy and copy from object library the one from object library will always override the one from clipboard copy and in order to clear the cache you need to restart Nvil. So it might be cool if when you clipboard copy it clears copy from object library and vice versa.

But maybe it is not that big of an issue, at least not for me, I will be using clipboard copy all the time. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:55:19 am by thor6136 »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 30, 2020, 08:47:11 am
I have noticed that myself and have provided a way to clear the copy from library/hierarchy. To do that, open the library window, make sure no object node is selected or only group node is selected then click the copy button.

• No avatar
  • Edge
April 30, 2020, 08:52:50 am
Hm, for me copy button is greyed out, if I click nothing happens, cache is not cleared and I am still pasting object from Object Library.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
April 30, 2020, 09:18:23 am